close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Jams

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sc0, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Sc0

Sc0

I haven't noticed other threads related to this but after putting a couple of hundred rounds through my Glocks it starts to jam. Whenever this occurs I find tiny brass slithers stuck under/behind the extractor and around the firing pin, firing pin block. I'm not sure if other people are anal enough to disassemble their slides for cleaning but if you don't it's worth a look every now and then. FYI: this is the only reason why my Glocks jam. (G35, G27)

Maybe it shaves the slithers off when it chambers a round?

2. snovo

snovo

I see some small slivers in my gun as well, but it doesn't seem to affect function.

What do you mean by "jam?"

3. fiberpig

fiberpig

Try this click here for cleaning and lube. I used to use this exclusively, I have also now added this click here and use it on the lube points in my glock. I have no FTF or jams. Eezox is just awsome stuff....I swear by it.

4. Sc0

Sc0

Stovepipes or double feeds with the empty case.

5. snovo

snovo

There are people who are FAR more able to answer this question. But, from everything I've learned so far, the first thing to consider when you're not getting complete ejection is "limp wrists."

Because the Glock is so light weight, an even greater proportion of wrist stiffness is needed on glocks compared to other pistols for the recoil spring to work against--and thus let the slide move back completely. Less than completely stiff wrists allow recoil to flex your wrist rather than completely cycle the slide.