close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK JAMS?? with +p+ ammo??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by psantos, Dec 16, 2002.

1. psantos

psantos

I am amazed my trusty Glock 19 jams with Remington 115 Plus P ammo.

The model 19 is first generation? with original high caps.

I replaced extractor, ejector and recoil spring about 700 rds ago, the gun has been perfect with hardball for the past 2000 rds. I bought used.

It seems to feed high to the left, it might be hitting the ramp low and bouncing up??. I also noticed the slide would lock open with out the mag running empty(only have problems with the Rem +p+ ammo)

I will replace slide release(spring might be worn and replace mag springs(seems a little weak).

Any other advice would be appreciated!!

Should I replace followers also? I also have NY2 spring installed.

Thx

Paul

2. jim301

jim301

Have you shot other hollow points and not have the same problem? Do you have the 9mm1 followers if so get the 9mm4 followers. Make sure your not limp wristing with the hotter ammo. You might need new springs in your hi-cap mags if they are several years old and have had a lot of ammo loaded in them. I would try the new mag springs first if they have been used a lot.

3. Old&Slow

Old&Slow

I would check to see if the ammo is in spec ( especially the case ) with a pair of calipers against other brands before getting into the Gun.

4. psantos

psantos

Actually the older high cap mags need a 9mm3 follower the newer mags use the 9mm4's

Any idea where to get 9mm3's everyone seems out! lone wolf, glockmeister etc.

I hope the heavier spring works, I just bought a case of the Remington 115 +p+!

Thanks for the posts!

Paul