close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Jams and Safety?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dispatcher7168, May 20, 2003.

1. Dispatcher7168

Dispatcher7168

I hope this is the place to ask these questions....

I'm a Colt man...Love 'em...don't own any handguns that aren't Colt. I'm sort of looking to get a smaller carrying gun for me (glocks seem to be easy to conceal), and something smaller/lighter for my fiance to shoot.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard about a dependability issue with a glock. Someone once told me that if a glock jams, it can still fire one more round? I'm not sure what type of jam it was...I wouldn't imagine it would be able to do that with a stovepipe, can anyone clear that up for me?

Also, I sort of have an issue with the safety...has anyone heard of, or had any problems themselves with the trigger safety while carrying in a concealed holster? I know it shouldn't happen, but accidents are more than willing to happen. I'm sort of afraid to have just that keeping me from an accidental discharge if it were to go off. Can you get a glock with a manual thumb safety like a Colt 1911 or something similar just for added protection?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!

2. JIM BELLINO

JIM BELLINO

The only differance in jams between a Glock and other auto pistol that I am aware off is that it's much easier to clear a double feed in a Glock than any other auto that I am familiar with.
    You can get a manual safety installed after market by Cominolli who advertises on Glock Talk web site.....however there should be no problems with holstering a Glock if you keep your finger off trigger when holstering...no different than any other pistol or revolver.

3. jpsw44

jpsw44

I can't comment on firing through a jam, as none of my 3 Glocks(20, 21, 27) have ever jammed. As far as the safety issue is concerned, I carry my 27 ,condition 1 ALL The Time and feel completely safe doing so. As long as you have a good quality leather or kydex holster that covers the trigger, and you have the 10 commandments of firearms safety burned into your brain, your good to go. The best safety is the thing between your ears!