Glock: It's time to make a single stack 9mm/.40!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cowboy1964, Apr 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Glock, you are ceding a large part of the civilian carry market (and maybe LE backup market) to others by not having a single stack subcompact. You created the Gen 4 largely for the express purpose of trying to save your LE market share and the main change is GRIP STRAPS for crying out loud.

We're only talking two calibers here (9mm and .40S&W) so it's not like you're adding five new products (9mm, .40S&W, .357SIG, .45GAP, 45ACP). If you make them in the U.S. you could also make a .380. You'd sell millions.

You could shorten the 26/27 by half an inch and make it .9" wide. It would be smaller than a Walther PPS and it would be a GLOCK!

Please please please???

2. Bob469

Bob469

If i had a dollar everytime i've wished or seen/heard this wish i think i could bribe glock into making one...

They are loosing ALOT of business to kel tec, ruger, taurus, ect... i know alot of people that would buy one in a heart beat and throw there other out the window in a heart beat...

If glock made something like the Taurus PT709 they would sell countless amounts of them

3. vis35

vis35

And start making the .380’s here in the USA! And a 10MM on the G36 frame!

4. cajunhunter

cajunhunter

They really just need to make 1 new model. A nice compact, single stack 9mm made by Glock.

Shops would have a hard time keeping them in stock. As it is, I am in the market but with the options out there I am just going to compliment my G23 with a G27 even though it is not that much smaller. It will be smaller and easier to conceal as I live in the south and have a medium frame. I will go this route until a better options comes about. I don't want to spend a fortune and I don't want a 38. I want to stay with my existing ammo of 9mm and 40.

5. DFin

DFin

Like the Keltec PF-9.

6. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Glock answers to a higher authority.

7. Battlejoy

Battlejoy

If you make them in the U.S. you could also make a .380. You'd sell millions.
    ]

Glock makes a .380 but it does not pass import standards set by the ATF

8. Battlejoy

Battlejoy

9. viniglock

viniglock

10. 240sxs13sleeper

240sxs13sleeper

isnt the g36 .45 enough ...jeezzee.. lol

11. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Gaston Glock is a very wealthy man. Glock has a tremendously successful business model. They cannot keep up with the demand for their current products. Maybe they think that's good enough. :wavey:

Oh, I quit wining about there being no single stack 9mm. Glock when I bought my Walther PPS. No more problem. :supergrin:

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Not that big a market, considering Glock's worldwide market. U.S. civilian sales, overall, are pretty big, I guess, but some small portion of that hardly justifies retooling to make an entirely new gun, considering the military and police sales around the world. Most of the law enforcement I know get issued Glock 27s and ankle holsters and have no problem using them as backup and off-duty guns.

I'd definitely buy a thin-slide, single stack 9mm Glock compact, but I don't really need it that bad..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  13. Glock-1982

Glock-1982

Fu@%!ng Glock. I know what you mean Cowboy. They don't even have the RTF2 or the Gen 4 on website. I got info off of other sites. How many of us would like them to break their (almost)30 yr old mold? Talk about a half-*** change to made themselves look new.

I too would like to see the subcompacts to be a little smaller.
    I too would like to see a subcompact G29/G30, not just labeled as.
    I too would like to see them do away with the "pig snout". I think they only did it to the GAPs for the purpose of promoting the same way as S&W and the ACP did.

14. loki993

loki993

Personally id rather they make a 10mm that the same size as a G19. I know the 29 has basically the same size top end, but the grip is much shorter.

15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I second the motion.

Amen brother!

16. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Glock is very set in their ways, I would be very surprised if they ever come out with any new guns other than slight variations of the ones they already make.

Get a Kahr PM9, great gun! Pretty much a more expensive version of what a single stack 9mm Glock would be like. :dunno:

17. mixflip

mixflip

Uggghhh... I know!!!!!

Hey Glock, make a single stack 9mm subcompact and a 9mm or 40cal carbine rifle.

18. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

again? :yawn:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  19. mainegunner

mainegunner

I have gotten tired waiting for glock to make a single stack 9mm. I bought a kahr PM9 which has been 100% reliable. I will never get rid of my G19 but in warmer months I carry the PM9 alot more. I have also been eyeing a kahr CW45.

20. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

what and turn a 10 round subcompact into a 6-7 round 9mm?:upeyes: please....