close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock internals question...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SGT HATRED, Apr 18, 2012.

1. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

My current 2nd gen 23 has an orange pice inside. I'm not up to date with all the parts names so ill just post a pic. Now I've owned 5 glocks overtime, including a 2nd gen 19 but none had the orange. Can someone with more knowledge than me fill me in? The first pic has the S# if that has anything to do with it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

That's an NY2 trigger spring. With a standard connector, it gives a trigger pull of about 12lbs.

You might also check to see which connector it has. A standard connector will have no marking, with a standard coil trigger spring it'll give a trigger pull of about 5.5lbs. A "minus" connector will have a dash symbol like in the picture below, with a standard coil trigger spring it will give a trigger pull of about 4.5lbs, I'm not sure what weight it would be with an NY2. A "plus" connector will have a "+" marking and with a standard coil trigger spring it will give a trigger pull of about 8lbs, it's not recommended to use that connector with NY trigger springs.

A "minus" connector with dash marking in between the two red arrows:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

3. bam1131

bam1131

Was this gun new when you purchased it? If so, I would think that the seller would mention that you have a different trigger.

4. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Ahh I wondered why the box said that. It indicates 5 lbs, so does this mean it is a lighter or heavier pull than normal?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

I purchased it used from an old guy. It didn't sound like he knew about it. And neither did I till right now. Would you think this would increase its value, decrease it or not matter?

6. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Most people probably don't want a NY trigger. I know I don't. So that would drive the price down. However, those are so easy to replace it can be a moot point.

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

It shouldn't change the value at all. Most people don't like the heavier trigger pull, but the normal coil trigger spring only costs like $3 and it's easy to change if you know how to detail strip Glocks.

It looks like that Glock has the standard connector with the NY2 trigger spring, so the trigger pull weight should be about 12lbs. Most Glocks have a standard connector with a coil trigger spring, and have a trigger pull weight of about 5.5lbs.

Here's a picture showing one Glock with an NY1 trigger spring and another with a standard coil trigger spring.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Well thanks for the info voyager!

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

the NY on the box tells you that is what came with.

10. scosgt

scosgt

We were required to have the orange trigger. The first thing I did the day I retired was to get rid of it.