close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK, Inc. Press Release

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jel, Mar 25, 2004.

1. jel

jel

2. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

ill save yall some time:

GLOCK, Inc. has been made aware of two incidents involving the Portland Police Department in which two GLOCK Model 21 pistols were damaged while allegedly using Federal brand Classic HI-SHOK practice ammunition.

This will respond to an article dated March 4, 2004 in The Oregonian newspaper wherein Chief of Police, Derrick Foxworth, was quoted as stating “the bureau’s training division did further analysis and determined the explosions may have been caused by a defect in the weapon or a design problem.” GLOCK, Inc. absolutely disagrees with this unfounded conclusion and stands behind its Model 21 pistol, which has had an excellent service record since its introduction in 1991. It should be noted that the Portland Police Department has used the GLOCK Model 21 pistol for the past 12 years.

We have repeatedly asked the Portland Police Department to allow us to do technical examinations of the pistols and ammunition. As of the date of this Release, our requests have been denied. The Portland Police Department has only provided us with pictures of the damaged firearms. A review of these pictures appears to indicate a classic over-pressured ammunition problem.

Additionally, we contacted the Portland Police Department to schedule a meeting at our headquarters in Smyrna, Georgia at our expense to examine the pistols and ammunition. Thus far, the Portland Police Department has not agreed to this meeting.

Our products are manufactured under the highest standards and are submitted to rigorous testing before leaving the factory. GLOCK pistols have been adopted by thousands of military and law enforcement agencies throughout the world because of its excellent safety and reliability record.

For further information, please contact us at 770-432-1202.

GLOCK, Inc.

3. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Seems to me that 12 years of service without a problem and then "KaBOOM" (pun intended :) ) two cartridges let go in very close proximity to each other; The ammunition is the first thing to look at.

Then of course that would imply reasonable people are involved. Does not sound like the Portland guys are in the loop. I smell a small conspiracy by management to take advantage of this ammo issue to purchase new guns and cartridge. Just my opinion though. :(

4. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

I belive you are right-why think that management would be honest.When a company (Glock) offers you a free trip to see and hear what had happen it would be suspect to not let them have a chance to check it after 12 years of service, its the least that Portland could and should do!!!

Photo I belive you are on the right track!!!! See ya sunday for Idpa.

Mike ;L ;L

5. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

when those portland g21's end up for sale on the used market I sure wouldnt mind picking up a couple (if the price is right)

6. 40blaster

40blaster

I wonder if Federal stepped up to the plate and said maybe it was us, let us help???? I have been unfortunate, once, to blow a case head off a forty. It was my reload but the case could not take a double charge. The brass, Federal.

7. GoGlock

GoGlock

Well that does it - Portland is off my vacation list. :(