Glock HQ

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TNXB21, Mar 5, 2010.

1. TNXB21

TNXB21

How long does Glock normally keep a gun that was sent to them for repair/evaluation in Smyrna? they received my G23 on 26 Feb.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I'd tend to guess that it would depend on how many others are ahead of yours?

What was wrong with it?

3. jim556

jim556

Sent a Gen 2 G19 on January 13th and it was returned on February 25th. Safety upgrade, slide/barrel refinish and new night sights.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  4. TNXB21

TNXB21

Butch,

Without giving to much detail, using Remington UMC 180 grain, out of every 100 rounds at least 3 failure to eject (FTE) and one or two FTF. 900 total rounds fired.

Out of 207 rounds Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 Zero (0) malfunctions.

Glock Armorer fired 39 rounds various ammo no malfunctions. Then 50 rounds with Blazer 180 grains and had several FTE and 10 FT Feed. He was shocked and not to happy.

Changing the ejector did not improve anything and since two armorers could not figure it out they recommended sending it to Glock. Spoke to a Glock tech and he said send it in.

I bought this gun new (Christmas 2008 and shot it only a few times in 2009 -- 365 rounds) based on all the good things I heard about Glock reliability . I am not to happy. I love the gun and I am coming out of a SIG 239 but I have to tell you I have never had a malfunction in the SIG except for Failure to fire while shooting old ammo that had corrosion on the primers.:faint:

For CWC I am fairly confident since I am using PDX1 but still .....:wow:

I hope I don't get it back from Glock with a note saying "could not duplicate" :crying:

5. TNXB21

TNXB21

6. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

My buddy back in NYC sent his G19 in for Phase 3 malfunction work and got it back a week later good as new and refinished! That might not be a common timeframe though, he is an NYPD Sgt and they said they would front load his gun because he needed it for work..........

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Bummer!

Let us know what they come up with, OK?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010