Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use one for OWB carry? They are never get mentioned here when holsters are asked about so, what's the reason?

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
I use a cqc Serpa, just wear a big shirt.(G30SF & 1 extra mag):wavey:

also Galco FLETCH.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I do. I don't like IWB...to uncomfortable for me. Maybe when I lose some weight and my pants are bigger. :supergrin:

I always wear my shirt untucked or wear a jacket or coat, depending on the weather.

My favorite is the Desantis "Top Cop" paddle holster, seen here:

http://www.desantisholster.com/037.html

Very comfortable, good retention, easy on, easy off...but doesn't come off when drawing.

·
****** Viejo
29,738 Posts
The only holsters I use are Glock holsters and mag pouches.YMMV.tom.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do. I don't like IWB...to uncomfortable for me. Maybe when I lose some weight and my pants are bigger. :supergrin:

I always wear my shirt untucked or wear a jacket or coat, depending on the weather.

My favorite is the Desantis "Top Cop" paddle holster, seen here:

http://www.desantisholster.com/037.html

Very comfortable, good retention, easy on, easy off...but doesn't come off when drawing.

I have a desantis holster and they are good quality and durable holsters. They also hold their shape quite well and will allow reholstering with one hand (the one holding the pistol).

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the Glock sport/compact holsters and mag carriers for my G17 and G21, and a Glock sport/duty holster for the G17. They work great, and I use them all the time (well, the sport/duty holster mostly sits in my holster drawer, but hey, it was five bucks!).

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
i bought one a while ago. light weight, holds tight to the body, good retension, and you can't beat the price. also bought a glock mag holder. both work great.
i here so much good about the m-tac, that will be my next.

·
9mm Kind of Guy
308 Posts
I Use a Glock Holster & Pouch for my G19 ...

~§~

·
Registered
155 Posts
At the moment, I'm still waiting for my CCL to arrive. I called the Kentucky State Police, and found out that they're only waiting on a single check until they're all in, then it'll be on its way. But until then, I've been open carrying while at home. I use four holsters, total:

Speed Shooting or Glovebox Carry: Blackhawk CQC Serpa Carbon-Fiber
Working in the yard or mowing the lawn: DeSantis Thumb-Break Scabbard
General Open Carry (Will also be used for OWB concealed carry): DeSantis Mini Scabbard
When wearing at a cross-draw angle (Will also be used for IWB concealed carry): Blackhawk IWB

As for what I'm going to use to conceal the gun, I wear button-down shirts unbuttoned over a t-shirt, which really conceals well.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a Don Hume Duty thumb break for my G20. I am going to order one of the Glock Sport/Combat and check it out, because they are so cheap.

·
Noisy member
15 Posts
Because of my increasing girth, and the fact that I don't want to replace every single pair of pants I own, I recently bought a Fobus OWB holster. Unlike previous leather models, it doesn't need to slide over belt loops. Helps a LOT when you're wearing shorts or other types of clothing where that would be impractical. I like the fact that you can remove it whenever you like, just like my spare magazine holder.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts