close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Hogue Grips

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by odgreenglock22, Mar 20, 2007.

1. odgreenglock22

odgreenglock22 Yankee

I was just wanting to know if some people here could help me make an informed decision about the slip on hogue grips manufactured for the glock pistols. I bought a swt and attempted to put them on and ripped the back all the way down so my gunshop is ordering me a new one can anyone tell me if this has happened with theirs or any positive or negative feedbacks would be appreciated. Thanks

2. anubisgodofgods

anubisgodofgods

Soak them in very hot tap water for about 10 minutes to make them expand before attempting to put them on your Glock. I have the same grip and it has been on my G22 and G21.

Another tip to save you some cash is to use a bicycle inner tube instead of the Hogue grip. I have used both and prefer the inner tube.

3. Gabe300WSM

Gabe300WSM

I need to steal a bicycle wheel:animlol:

4. ditchdoc33

ditchdoc33

I placed the Houge grip on my G27 last week, it was a little difficult to get on but I did not try any tricks, just slipped it on. On the G27 it needs to be trimmed, which is easy with a razor blade.

5. SFIPSC

SFIPSC "Gaston Who?"

the best way to slip on a houge grip is to either spray on some hairspray or gun scrubber on the inside of the grip, and it slips right on, super easy.

6. wmspdi

wmspdi

Place one drop, and ONLY one drop of Breakfree inside of the Houge grip and spread it around on the smooth inside rubber surface. Immediately work the Houge Hand All onto the Glock grip. Within about 10 minutes the Breakfree will be absorbed into the rubber sleeve, and soon after the grip will not slide around.I used this method on my G23 and it does not move at all.

7. RobTN

RobTN

Soapy water will work too. Apply a little inside the grip to install and when it dries, the grip doesn't slide.

8. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith lovebirds

I put mine in boiling water and put it on quickly before it could cool. Once it contracts, it won't move. Any lubricant that makes it easier to put on will also make it easier to slip under use.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Well I used a hair dryer to heat mine up. It took some brut force, grunting and about 30 minutes but I finally got that sucker on. I have Hogue grips on my 19 and 23. I tore one trying to put it on my 26. So I purchase a Pachamyr for it and it went right on.

10. Scott30

Scott30

+1 on using a hair drier. No grunts and groans like another poster said either. G19 and G30 both have them. Hair spray is good for making them stick in place.

11. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Bicycle inner tube...doesn't alter grip w/ a palm swell and doesn't add MORE finger bulk to the finger grooves...and for $3.00 you have enough for 2 dozen guns!

12. C-Fish

C-Fish Senior Member

+1000

I have done both of mine and love it
    G23 Gen2
    G22 Gen3

:banana:

13. charlieg23

charlieg23

easily done on a 23 with no help from any thing. you will love it love mine. here is a pic too
    charlie

14. pens-66

pens-66

what size tube did you guys use?

15. glockman513

glockman513 CCW Instructor

Hairspray on the hogue. Lubricates it going on, then when it dries it helps hold it where it's set.

16. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Just got mine yesterday and put it on last night....no opinion yet other than I think possibly the first finger groove may be too close to the trigger guard as it seems like it ismaking my middle finger rub the guard. I can't move it down either because it needs to align with the Glock finger grooves

17. MD2010

MD2010

I bought one sevreal weeks ago for my G23. I love it. The G23 already fit my hand well (I have medium sized hands), but now it feels like the gun was crafted to my hand. The rubber also absorbs some of the recoil of the .40 S&W, i noticed my grounps got a little tighter when I took it out last time.

18. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

Compact Glock, right? 19/23/32/38

That frame allows less room between the trigger guard and top "hump" than the full or subcompact frames. As you discovered, the Hogue is going to exacerbate the problem.

I would go with the bike tube solution. You may also wish to explore removing or reducing the top hump, or relieving the underside of the trigger guard to allow more room for your finger.

19. novaDAK

novaDAK

I'd also like to know this...I've used the Hogue before (still have it on there, feels great and no slip...used a hairdryer) but am considering the innertube for my next purchase.

20. jeager

jeager

dont' pull, push, curse or ....