Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from the background of really nice 1911 style pistols have shot them for years. I graduated to STI 2011 in several calibers and really liked the 2011 because they were just a 1911 with a slightly wider grip and held more rounds. Still at this time could not stand polymer or "plastic guns" just kinda over looked the grip frame on the 2011 being polymer because it was so much like a 1911.

I always respected the reliability of the Glock and many of the new design features. Springfield came out with the XD and started shooting XD's and really enjoying shooting them. Then Glock came to town and I was a range officer for GSSF match this summer and I was impressed with all that Glock did for it shooters that most of the other gun companies do not do. Well to make a long story short I now have Glock 17,22,23,34 guess you can say I had a change of hart.

·
SPACE ALIEN
110 Posts
Keep those XDs though. Good guns too.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well to make a long story short I now have Glock 17,22,23,34 guess you can say I had a change of hart.
This hatred had better stop, else you may be hurting in the pocket. I was at a pawn shop today and the guy showed me a G26 and saying "$480 out the door". I already have a G26 mind you; and it took all of my will to get out of there with my credit cards intact. I told him that if I come back in two days, and the thing is still there, I will buy it. I have two days to justify this purchase.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
This hatred had better stop, else you may be hurting in the pocket. I was at a pawn shop today and the guy showed me a G26 and saying "$480 out the door". I already have a G26 mind you; and it took all of my will to get out of there with my credit cards intact. I told him that if I come back in two days, and the thing is still there, I will buy it. I have two days to justify this purchase.
A used one for 480? Around here in Texas they are brand new 449.99! 480 OTD for a brand new pistol here. Doesn't sound like much of a bargain. Then again that's prices around here.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
i shoot glocks and STI 1911s and 2011s, plus carbine and revolver. there's room for all of them in my safe and in what i compete in for all of them.

·
Oompa Loompa
686 Posts
I have to say that I wasn't a big Glock fan at first, but after I picked up a G-27 I have to say I have had a change of heart. That being said I am not a one gun company guy either, I simply buy what I like.

Hell if I coul dhave one of all of them I would:)

·
Victory
80 Posts
Resistance is futile

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Call me crazy, but I only own two guns right now and out of my Glock 19 and USPc .45, and I prefer to carry and shoot my G19, It fits my hand better, I shoot it more accurately, quicker, better in pretty much every way, except looks. I just put my 1,000th round through the G19 earlier today and guess, what, still not a jam, not once and I've tried. I've done everything from using old magazines with the most worn out springs, to intentionally limpwristing the gun with carry ammo, to shooting "gangsta style", to letting small females shoot it, not a hitch.

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not to get off topic, but around here in Missouri, If you can find one for $520 that is a smokin deal. I still haven't seen one for that either. Wish I could find these $450-480 prices. I sure would own alot more Glocks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts