close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock grip stippling

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cert-m/o, Mar 7, 2003.

1. cert-m/o

cert-m/o

I have been inspired by threads I have read about the do-it yourself trigger guard modifications performed by members and plan to modify my G26. But I also would like to stipple the entire grip, similar to the Robar pistols. Has anyone out there done this and how? please send pictures if you have them. Thanks

2. paper killer

paper killer NRA Member

I haven't stippled the grip as such, but I did buy skateboard tape and made my own version of the decal grip like is available for sale. Seems to work pretty well. Has stayed on for about 2 years now.

3. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I have modified my G-27's trigger guard. I removed the recurve, gotten rid of that "bump" near the back, beveled the sides at a 45 degree angle (where the middle finger's knuckle hits) and removed more material from the area where the trigger guard and grip meet. I then beveled at about a 45 degree angle also.
    I, too, wanted to re-stipple the trigger guard.....to get that "original" look. Several folks offered suggestions. Perhaps the best was to get some "skateboard tape" and flip it over and tap it into the trigger guard to stipple it. It didn't sound like something that I was willing to do (it would seem a fair amount of hammering would be involved). In the end, I elected to make the trigger guard very smooth and then buffed it. I like it.
    Good luck with your decision.

4. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Go to Home Depot or similar and buy the adhesive, non-skid tape off the roll in any quantity you prefer. There are several variations with some being much rougher than the basic skate tape. 3M makes a good version. One of the primary uses is for ladders and stairs.

Use white paper and a #2 pencil to trace a template from your gun. Transfer this to the tape, clean the grip area with alcohol and stick them on.

Good luck.

5. cert-m/o

cert-m/o

Thank you all for your info, I will probably just stick with the skateboard tape.