close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Grip Reduction Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lhgdale, Jan 5, 2007.

1. lhgdale

lhgdale

Hello, I have small hands and can't reach the trigger of my G17 without moving it out of the web of my hand where the base of my thumb is what is taking all the recoil. I am wanting to know if a grip reduction will solve this problem? Who offers the most grip reduction and shortest trigger reach. I hope this will solve my problem. Thanks for your info and time.

2. Allman

Allman

Grip reduction is usually to make the grip slightly smaller and more comfortably contoured for some people to hold. It won't radically change the grips size or angle. If you are having as much problem as you seem to be with the 17, you may find very little improvement.

Rather than take a chance on reducing the value of your gun without solving the problem, it might be better to find someone that has had a grip reduction done and try it out first with their gun. You may be better off trading for a different gun that is more ergonomically suited to your hand.

3. lhgdale

lhgdale

Thanks for your info. I have been looking for a gun with smaller grip and trigger reach but can't find one that is not a piece. I looked at Kahrs but all the bad press scared me off, even if a couple of people have had no problems with them at all. I guess I will keep looking. Thanks again.

4. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

Always a good idea!

You might call Robar Guns, they do them. I looked at their Web site, they may be able to tailor the grip to your needs.

Dane Burns did them at one time, maybe he still does. I think that he had pictures of several different vendors reducred Glocks for comparison purposes.

Good shopping & good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

5. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

What a hack, looks like a grade school kid got into daddy's work shop. Worst I have seen by far.

6. ppd1108

ppd1108

Try a SW 3913 series pistol. 9mm same as your 17. Single stack mag so the trigger reach is really good for those with smaller hands.