close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Ghost Rings Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by neeko, Jan 4, 2003.

1. neeko

neeko

I bought one of these from http://www.entreprise.com/Catalog/Sights/glocko.htm
    and when i attempted to install the rear sight it wouldnt go beyond 2/3 of the way into
    the glock rear sight fixture. Is there a chemical that is used to install a metallic
    sight on the glock, the factory rear sight is plastic and slides on with no trouble.
    Thanks for your time.

Nick

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

no chemicals needed but sometimes a light oil helps.

Chances are you need to fit the sight to the dovetail. An oversized plastic sight will compress and give, metal will not.

3. Vitamin_p19

Vitamin_p19

I saw a picture online of the rear ghost right on a glock. From the picture I saw the front sight obstructs much of the view. Is this the case?
    pete

4. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

neeko, any luck yet with the rear sight? If can't push it on with a sight pusher from the right to the left then I'd say either send it back for a new one or try taking a file or something small and just barely scrap it smaller. Other than that I'm not sure. But in actuality shouldn't have to alter it in anyway to make it fit.

Vitamin, do you mean like having such a large front sight and then such a small ghost ring on the rear causing the obstruction of view? I know with the ghost ring sight setup I've got on my G19 from Aro-Tek (no trituium) the front sight is small and the rear sight is large and I have no problem seeing everything on the other end of the barrel. ;) Great sights I think but haven't had the money to try any of the ghost ring setups with tritium yet so hopefully when I do I'll have good luck with them. ;I

5. Vitamin_p19

Vitamin_p19

6. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Okay, yeah. I would think that the gun you put those sights on will make a difference too. Would think like on a 26/27 it would be like you see in the pic but with like a 34/35 it would be pretty easy to use them right. But never tried them so really don't know. But would be cool I think. :) ;I