Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys had any issues with the stock guiderod system, especially on the G19Gen4? I contacted Glock to verify wether they could send me a new part, gave them my serial number and they said that my handgun was GTG :crying::wow:

I had some minor issues w stove pipes and I'm a bit concern, this is my duty carry and off duty carry preferred handgun.. I'm just going to upgrade the guiderod system but I don't know which direction to take or what is recommended. So far I looked into Tungsten brand, Brass Stacker Rachis 4 system and some other aftermarket place :upeyes: It wouldn't cost Glock much to have an all steel guide rod system, don't know if thats a cost cutting measure decision or just to keep the handgun as light as possible.

Any help would be appreciated~ Thanks

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I've had no problems with any of my Gen4 RSAs. On my gamer gun, a G4 34, I run a Jäger guide rod and a 13lb spring. That's for 130 power factor loads, not SD ammo.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Afternoon chgofirefighter

Yes, my mid 2013 build Gen4 G-19 is the only Gen4 Glock I have had ejection issues with.

It is/was OK with full power loads & heavy bullets but caused a few problems with lighter loadings & lighter bullets.

As a rule, when I get a gun to act up using light loads & light bullets I just drop back a couple of pounds on the recoil spring & see what I have (usually cures the ejection issues with light loads)

One of my (personal) mandatory function tests is shooting weak hand, one handed with an angled wrist. If my gun won't pass that test it isn't yet ready to carry as a defense weapon.

In any case, on my Gen4 G-19 I ran 500 rounds of +P 125 grain though it & after that is has not failed to eject or properly chamber any of my lighter 124 grain loadings. It still burps once in a while with real light loaded 115 grain (weak handed) but I almost never use 115gr bullets in any of my 9mm's.

On the metal guide rod?-- I have a few different guns (including Glocks) with plastic guide rods & so far not one issue or sign of an issue. I shoot every day (except Sundays) & shoot a LOT of rounds daily so you would think that if a plastic guide rod was going to be an issue I should have turned that up by now.

Talk to Glock, if you are not happy with your ejection they will probably offer up a new RSA (Call 1-877-745-8523 with your serial number and model number to request a new RSA. GLOCK will probably verify your serial number and get your shipping information)

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
It seems the correct OEM RSA might have a slight edge on reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts