Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
What will it be used for? Carry? Home defense? Range?

I have both of those models, but prefer to carry the G26.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like said above. if strictly for CCW G-26--- I have the G-19 and love it..I want to get a lot of range time in with it.
I don't carry a lot But when I carry (and it does carry OK) the shorter g26 grip would come in handy.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I thought this looked familiar...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
G19 if u're only getting one.... G26 if u know u're getting both down the line...

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
I prefer the 19. It still carry's pretty good, but i'm a whole lot more comfortable with it because i have smaller hands and it literally fits my hand perfect. Would definitely recommend renting and shooting both though.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
If its for carry only get the G26. You can make a G26 bigger but you can't make a G19 smaller and there are going to be times you want that G19 to be smaller.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
19. Most gun in the smallest package.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the G19 and really like it. I personally don't like the 2 finger grip of the 26... Some will say to add an extension, but at that point you might as well go with the 19..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I rented the 19 and the 26 at a local range. Decided on the 19 and bought one. I never cared much for the small size grip of the 26 and even with a mag extension it never felt comfortable to me.

·
125 Posts
I started with a 19 and loved it. Like most 19 owners, I then picked up a 26 and love it too. Both utterly reliable and easy to shoot well with. I mostly carry the 26, but the 19 gets its share of CC too. If I could only own one, it would be the 19 (due to increased capacity and a little easier to hold). But you're probably going to own both eventually, like so many of us. I feel the 26 definitely needs a finger extension, at least for my hands. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.

·
Combat Veteran
910 Posts
I've taken a long hiatus on posting in threads, here is my 2 cents. I would go with the Glock 19. Now this may sound contradictory, but I actually shoot my sub-compact Glock 30SF, better than I shoot my full size Glock 21SF, both of these are chambered in .45 ACP. But, when it comes to the 9mm choice of the Glock 26 versus the Glock 19, the Glock 19 takes the prize in accuracy and faster follow up shots. When you compare the two side by side it's hard not to choose the G19, especially if you have average to above average sized hands. With the Glock 26 you will find that your pinkie finger is always searching for more purchase (grip), unless you are running the magazine extension from Pearce or Scherer.

With the Glock 19 you are afforded a slight advantage in magazine size, grip surface, and slightly reduced muzzle flip. The Glock 26 does offer a smaller size for concealment, slightly reduced magazine capacity (3 rounds), and a little livelier recoil.

When you weigh all of the pro & cons, the Glock 19 seems to come out ahead in many of the areas. The Glock 19 is 4.99 inches tall, and 7.28 long. Whereas the Glock 26 is 4.17 tall and 6.49 inches long. That's less than an inch in both height and length, and trust me that inch may or may not be a big deal. But buyer's remorse is.

If you will be the only one using this handgun then you need to choose what fits you better. If you will be sharing this with your significant other, I will tell you that most times the female will say the size of the G26 is nice, but the G19 is better regarding recoil or muzzle flip. In the end it boils down to holding, and if possible, shooting both guns.

$500-650 is considered a medium sized purchase and you need to do it right the first time. I've seen too many people buy one and then decide it doesn't work for them. If you can compromise on size, the Glock 19 is your gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts