close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Glock gen one {first import} complete package value?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by RON K., Oct 29, 2017.

1. RON K.

RON K.

So what would be a good buy price for one?If it was complete new in box with everything it was imported with.

Since I am looking at wanting to buy one now. I am not a Glock collector, And have had many over the last 25 years. And still have a bunch But figured it would be cool to locate and buy a first model,But really have no idea to value from $500 to $1500.

so any input would be great.thanks
    RON K.

2. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Hey Ron-

Welcome to the forum!!

Joined Wednesday and 30 messages and 16 likes - wow!!

As to your question...

When you say first import I'm not sure whether your talking about the first SN prefix imported into the us (AF) or the first type of Glock imported (Gen 1 17 Pencil Barrel).

Either way, there is no way that you'll get either for $1500 complete - or even just the gun for that matter - from someone who knows what they have.

A compete AF gun would likely run $3000 or so. A complete later pencil barrel would likely run $2500+. My estimate on the AF is just that as I've not seen one for sale in memory. It could go higher.

The above said, many here including myself have purchased pencil barrel Glocks from folks who just considered them used Glocks for far less than they are worth. You might score and find such a gun.

In case you don't know, pencil barrel is the term used to describe the Gen 1 Glocks upto about SN prefix AM. The barrel diameter in these guns is a bit smaller than in all later guns.

Also, while AF was the first prefix imported into the U.S. I believe that some AA guns were imported as well but at a later date for whatever reason. I'm sure that an AA complete gun would bring over - likely well over - $3K.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    rmeav8r likes this.

3. RON K.

RON K.

Thanks for that info now it really makes me mad I sold the first few that they imported in for around a grand and the first CZ75's back around 1978 {border jumpers}for $2000 grand for a pair. Been into thousands of guns since that time,Had complete Russian PSM rigs. The top of the line for pistol collectors in modern stuff. And so far after making it out of Big C surgery last Friday. wanted to get into something not too crazy price. Over 3 grand to me for a Glock does not cut it. But I have spent $3000 grand for a Luger and a PPK and Colt 45 auto's, I guess it does depend on the like and want for sure.
    I just moved out a pair of Colt 45'S awhile go for 8 grand, Some would say NUTS. but the buyer got a real deal since last auction they went for $12 grand

I will shop for that model might get lucky and find one for $1500 or more. Never did realize guys out there going crazy for Glocks. Same with P-38's some just say common German pistol not worth $500 buck's. Yet I have paid as much as 2 grand for some models,

I really appreciate the info you gave. Will know what to look for. And I have always been the n.i.b. or minty collector also. Sometimes that is a problem shopping. Thanks again RON K.

4. RON K.

RON K.

Noticed you like and collect GLOCKS Nice to talk with the master. RON K.

5. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Very glad to help.

So many shoulda, coulda, wouldas in firearms.

I have a 1981 Rock Island Armory catalog w/M60s for $1995 and M16s for $400. If we only knew....

Glockdude1 and Rick Angelica like this.
  6. RON K.

RON K.

I bought a few from Rock Island back in the day know the Reese family real well.That was the full auto div. of Springfield Armory, paid 4 grand for a pair sold them for 5 grand,Today easy they will bring over $40 grand for the pair. Just recently sold off tons of manuals and brochures for all that stuff. I also was one of the Principals who did the original Maremont M-60 gun purchase in 1978 of 100 guns under ARM LTD.The Maremonts had been 1,850.00 in bulk. We sold them from $3200 to $3650. They had been the ones who Manufactured them for the Gov. Contracts./fun times back when. Glad I can still remember this stuff. Also buying Thompsons from Ira Trast at West Hurley for $500 each,History long gone for sure.

RON K.

-JCN- and RicoHare like this.
  7. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I sold AF 901 about 10 yrs ago for $700-800.... all original with papers, manual, etc.....one of first 1000 imported is what Glock Headquarters told me..... should have kept it.. I paid either $300/$350 for it new in the box.... I find it hard to believe a matching number "AF" would bring the same amount of $$$$ as a original finish matching number 1942 Colt 1911A1....

IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0979.JPG

Glockwise likes this.
  8. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

9. RON K.

RON K.

Now that is a nice one.SAR show this Dec.I Will be on the prowl for one.Since nothing else I am even looking for nowadays.
    thanks for the post and pics.
    RON K.

10. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Wish I still had all the early G17's I've owned.....Here's a AL, had a BC.... all of them were complete and matching.....

IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0982.JPG

11. RON K.

RON K.

Like the number on that one.RON K.

12. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

How cool!!! I was young w/minimal $ back in those days. I sure wish that I had been able to buy pre 1986.

Great to meet you so to speak!! You did a great service to the CIII community getting those Maremont's on the registry.

A quick look for closed auctions shows the Maremont's at about $50K and the RIAs at about $35+ K.

I remember those Thompsons and all of the old prices. Talk abot stellar investments.

13. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

MAN IS THAT NICE!!!!

The pencil barrels which have sold recently on GB have brought betewen $2 to nearly $3K. I don't think that one would have much trouble getting $3K for a NIB or LNIB complete AF gun.

As to price increases over a decade...

I was a CIII a while back. I used to buy SWD M11 9mm by the 10 pack for $875 each in 2001. I sold them for $1100 each on average. They are $8-9K now. 10-15 years can make a huge difference in firearms prices. This is esp the caes for early Glocks.

I didn't even keep one of the SWDs. Ugh.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

That AL is a PB. Very nice!!! Big difference in value vs the BC.

15. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

16. RON K.

RON K.

17. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

The internet does make it much easier to find things these days. I don't think it's uncommon to see them sell in that price range provided you're ok with a later (non pencil barrel) gen 1.

18. RON K.

RON K.

I have pencils so a thicker barrel is okay with me, and if price is right why not.

RON K.

19. RON K.

RON K.

LA GUY Will get the serial number today and let you know what it is thanks RON K.

20. Blackdawg9

Blackdawg9

so get me right on this.
    my gen1 g17 non pencil barrel is worth around 800.
    KB###
    i have the old tupperware box , matching serial numbers.

it's been loved not abused