Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the range today where I had a very fun day with my G26 and P938. Of course after I’m finished on the range I have to check out all the guns, right? Especially the used guns. Welllllllll, they have, or shall I say had, a very nice looking Gen 4 G42 that I’d swear was new but there she sits on the used wall! I love layaway. She was priced at $319, with the Glock box and two mags. So tell me, is the G42 a good shooter and did I pay a reasonable price?

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Clean it, shoot it, love it. Makes sure it runs 100%. That's what I'm carrying now. I feed it FMJ because I think the .380 benefits from a little extra penetration, but each to his own about that. I tried feeding it Underwood Xtreme Penetrators, but it choked on the blunt nose so I am back to FMJ.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clean it, shoot it, love it. Makes sure it runs 100%. That's what I'm carrying now. I feed it FMJ because I think the .380 benefits from a little extra penetration, but each to his own about that. I tried feeding it Underwood Xtreme Penetrators, but it choked on the blunt nose so I am back to FMJ.
Only defensive ammo I use in any gun is Harnady Critical Defense, which I’ll use in this little guy. I vary FMJ ammo a lot, just so I can rest assured my guns will continue eating everything I throw at them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats!! You’re getting a great gun for a great price!
The G42 is by far my favorite Glock. 100% reliable, accurate, fun to shoot, soft recoil, light weight and easy to carry. The G42 has been my trusted edc for almost a year and a half now.
I shot the top 2 targets from 25 feet. Check out Mas Ayoob’s target at the bottom from 25 yards!!...insane group for such a small gun, and all dead center no less!!

Attachments

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
So I was at the range today where I had a very fun day with my G26 and P938. Of course after I’m finished on the range I have to check out all the guns, right? Especially the used guns. Welllllllll, they have, or shall I say had, a very nice looking Gen 4 G42 that I’d swear was new but there she sits on the used wall! I love layaway. She was priced at $319, with the Glock box and two mags. So tell me, is the G42 a good shooter and did I pay a reasonable price?
Great shooter and that's a good price. I load my own and like the Hornady XTP 90 gr. The only issue I found was, mine at least, is cartridge overall length. Max. length is .980 for the .380 cartridge, but with my G42 max. length is around .972 or they jam and gun won't go into battery. I load my .380's at .965 cartridge overall length and all is good.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,779 Posts
I only use my for GSSF, but it had never failed to fire and is reasonably accurate. My only observation is that POI changes significantly with changes in ammo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I borrowed my friends G42 with ProGlo (Ameriglo) sights to help diagnose a problem with a Pearce mag extension that was a little crooked (all his others have been 100%). I shot 50 rounds through a paper target and shot out the center (think hardball/baseball sized) just screwing around. It is one of the easier to shoot guns in that size out there -- not because it is a Glock, but really due to the size, weight, and shooting .380 makes it a very controllable gun.

Check the magazines to end in 02 or 03, the connector should the updated OEM "-" minus connector or you may have a very heavy trigger...otherwise, get it and enjoy!

·
M62/76
13,133 Posts
I have one of the first ones and absolutely love it and have had zero issues with the exception of Hornady XTP ammo as I've experienced a few FTFs with it. Everything else I've put thru it has been fine. Very smooth-shooting little pistol. At $319 I'd say you did well. Congrats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m carrying mine with sig FMJ’s. I had just put Pearce +1’s on two mags. I tested each,one with FMJ the other the sigs. No problems but I could tell the sigs carried more umph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.