Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their mag release as i am. Actually i'm not sure if its a problem or just the way the slimlines are made, but when i release the mag, it comes down about 1/2 and inch then stops and must be hand removed. Its not like my G19 where it'll drop all the way to the ground with a press of the release.

I'm waiting on my CHL to come in the mail and plan on this being my daily carry. I just wouldn't want to find myself in a situation where i need to reload and the 36 adding a few more seconds than actually needed.

·
636 Posts
I have the same problem, sometimes the mags drop just fine then other times they catch and i have to pull them the rest of the way out.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
mine drop free

it could have something to do with the slightly extended release that I use...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same prob, most of the time it will drop fine other times not so much. Have you tried switching mags?

·
Registered
969 Posts
My favorite Glock is my 36. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

However, I have the same problem. The Mag must be coaxed out. I have practiced changing mags so much that the problem has become moot.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm wondering if the mag-release button just has to work itself in a little. I just checked mine and if I press it w/my thumb while gripping the gun OVER the slide (basically covering the ejection port)...it drops every single time. If I press the button while holding the gun by its grip...it needs to be grabbed for it to drop 8 out of 10 times.

I'm able to press the button more FIRMLY when I'm NOT holding it by the grip and when doing so, it drops every time. Obviously, this isn't the way I'd be releasing the magazines...but just something I was doing when testing it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Actually yours is better and I wouldn't want to change it..When your fighting zombies, and your on the move doing tactical reloads..You won't be losing/tripping over your mags :>)

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm wondering if the mag-release button just has to work itself in a little. I just checked mine and if I press it w/my thumb while gripping the gun OVER the slide (basically covering the ejection port)...it drops every single time. If I press the button while holding the gun by its grip...it needs to be grabbed for it to drop 8 out of 10 times.

I'm able to press the button more FIRMLY when I'm NOT holding it by the grip and when doing so, it drops every time. Obviously, this isn't the way I'd be releasing the magazines...but just something I was doing when testing it.
I hear ya man. Its exactly how ive been testing and experimenting with it also.

Yup ive tried both mags that came with it. I wonder if just my excellerated normal usage they will thin themselves out and becoming more free.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually yours is better and I wouldn't want to change it..When your fighting zombies, and your on the move doing tactical reloads..You won't be losing/tripping over your mags :>)
thats true! an empty mag in hand can also be thrown at those grave walkers when out of ammo! I might coat mine in garlic incase vampires try something funny.

·
Knob Creek MX-5
73 Posts
Mine drop free more reliably with the magwell pointed directly at the ground and a very firm press on the mag release. If they don't, I wipe the empty out of the way with my support hand as the new mag comes up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've found that most of the time mine don't drop free my hand is slightly touching the mag. The grip is so short that the bottom of my shooting hand touches the mag causing it to stop after dropping about 1/2 inch. I've experimented quite a bit and this seems to be the only problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts