Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know which conversion barrels (and additional parts if needed) for 357 conversion? Also, is the conversion 100% reliable? Was looking at the kkm. No OEM barrel for the 35 it seems.

Would like to consider 9mm conversions as well, but it seems like there are reliability issues with 9mm. Any recommendations on this?

·
#787 Top Gun .357sig
1,403 Posts
I run a G35 5.32 Alpha Wolf barrel chambered in 357sig in my G22. I also have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G22. Swap magazines and go for it... It is better to also swap the ejector so your brass can properly eject

Reactions: Ghost doctor

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run a G35 5.32 Alpha Wolf barrel chambered in 357sig in my G22. I also have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G22. Swap magazines and go for it... It is better to also swap the ejector so your brass can properly eject
Thanks. How is the reliability of the 357 vs the 9? Also, for the 357 is there a reason you didn't buy the oem barrel?

·
Federal Member
29,542 Posts
I use a Lone Wolf Glock 24 conversion barrel, in my Glock 22 & 35. Nothing else.

Over a thousand rounds of different .357 sig. Love it.

:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haven't had any issues with the Alphawolf in my 35 AW-35357TH.
Even after adding the compensator and a 13lb recoil spring it cycles perfectly. Gen 3, stock 40 extractor and ejector.

Being bottlenecked 357 Sig is inherently easy to feed. My understanding is for Gen 3 the ejector is the same between 40 and 357S and for Gen 4 they designed cartridge specific ejectors.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 35. It shot good but removing the slide with the barrel with real tough. I think it was just my gun, an older model 35 in the tupperware case, because I sold it on eBay and the buyer didn't have any problems.

I have several KKM barrels for my other Glocks and have found them to be trouble free and easy to clean. In my case I have not noticed any difference in accuracy between my OEM barrel and the KKM barrel. Maybe a better shooter could see a difference.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've had s KKM .357 SIG barrel for about 8 years and it has always been reliable and accurate.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
My understanding is for Gen 3 the ejector is the same between 40 and 357S and for Gen 4 they designed cartridge specific ejectors.
Pre-Gen4 40SW and 357SIG pistols use the 1882 Ejector, which has been around about 25 years. Gen4 40SW and 357SIG pistols both used the 28926 Ejector until 2012, when 357SIG pistols began using the 30499 Ejector. The 30499 Ejector is identical to the 28926 Ejector except that its tip face slopes back about 15 degrees from bottom to top. The difference is too small to cause much worry regardless of which caliber is used with which Ejector.

Reactions: Block33xl

·
19,004 Posts
KKM barrels are top of the line. Lone Wolf, most are good but occasionally you can get a lemon and their customer service isn't always the best, whereas KKM is known to have xlnt customer service.

I've had good luck with the earlier Lone Wolf barrels that were made by Dasan in South Korea an d they had a wonderful assortment of option dswith those barrels. Some of the new AW barrels require tweaking like polishing tgeh feede ramps to make them work right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wanted to know which conversion barrels (and additional parts if needed) for 357 conversion? Also, is the conversion 100% reliable? Was looking at the kkm. No OEM barrel for the 35 it seems.

Would like to consider 9mm conversions as well, but it seems like there are reliability issues with 9mm. Any recommendations on this?
I went with a KKM 357 conversion barrel for a 35.4. I followed Mike-M's recommendations on parts and also use G31 magazines. The gun functions perfectly. I like the gun in 357 much more that 40. So much that I am converting a G24 to 357 as well with a KKM barrel.

I would probably stay away from a 9mm conversion. If you want a 9mm, just get a G34.

·
19,004 Posts
I went with a KKM 357 conversion barrel for a 35.4. I followed Mike-M's recommendations on parts and also use G31 magazines. The gun functions perfectly. I like the gun in 357 much more that 40. So much that I am converting a G24 to 357 as well with a KKM barrel.

I would probably stay away from a 9mm conversion. If you want a 9mm, just get a G34.
"I would probably stay away from a 9mm conversion. If you want a 9mm, just get a G34"

I disagree. I have a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel in my G23 an dit's been 100% reliable with a thousand rounds or more of many different kinds of ammo. Even so, I don't use it for defensive purposes, only for shooting the cheaper ammo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
"I disagree. I have a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel in my G23 an dit's been 100% reliable with a thousand rounds or more of many different kinds of ammo."

I'm sure your gun runs fine. KKM makes a great product. I'm just a believer in matching the breech face specs/caliber to the barrel to ensure optimal reliability. However, sounds like it works for you which is great. Enjoy.

·
#787 Top Gun .357sig
1,403 Posts
Thanks. How is the reliability of the 357 vs the 9? Also, for the 357 is there a reason you didn't buy the oem barrel?
I happen to see a 357sig barrel for sale so I grabbed it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An
I use a Lone Wolf Glock 24 conversion barrel, in my Glock 22 & 35. Nothing else.

Over a thousand rounds of different .357 sig. Love it.

:cool:
any issues with the longer barrel of the 24 in the 35? Better velocity? It looks good.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just buy the 357 barrel for now (hold off on the 9).

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I bought a 24 barrel in 357 Sig from Lone Wolf first .Then I got the one for 35 . I bought the plain barrels before they seem to have all went to the Alpha Wolf . I wanted a barrel in 357 for both because Glock did not offer them in 357 . No problems with either so far .

·
19,004 Posts
"I disagree. I have a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel in my G23 an dit's been 100% reliable with a thousand rounds or more of many different kinds of ammo."

I'm sure your gun runs fine. KKM makes a great product. I'm just a believer in matching the breech face specs/caliber to the barrel to ensure optimal reliability. However, sounds like it works for you which is great. Enjoy.
You only quoted part of my statement. What I also said is that I don't use the 40-to-9 conversion barrel in my Glock 23 for defensive purposes but only for range practice when wanting to shoot less expensive 9mm ammo.

For defensive purposes when 100 per cent reliability is most important, I have either the 40 or the 357 Sig barrels in the gun along with the best defensive ammo in those calibers. And for home defense that would be 40 caliber which has much less muzzle blast than the 357.

·
Federal Member
29,542 Posts
An

any issues with the longer barrel of the 24 in the 35? Better velocity? It looks good.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just buy the 357 barrel for now (hold off on the 9).
Yes, I need more .357 Sig!!

Functions perfect. Love it.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts