close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock G22 question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by viewoptic, Jan 17, 2010.

1. viewoptic

viewoptic

Hey everyone, i just got a brand new G22 and i noticed on the rear of the frame where the spring connects to the (removable) polymer housing there is a small line down the front of the housing on the part where the spring connects you can see if you look with a flashlight, i didnt know if this was just a scratch from where the spring was put in at the factory or from the molding process? everything looks how it should i just wanna make sure this "line" isnt something bad, its hard to tell what it is because the area its in is so small ...the gun hasnt been shot yet except for testing at the factory, does anyone else have this on their Glock?

Please let me know,
    Thanks

2. NWoutdoor

NWoutdoor

Not really sure if I understand the area in question so I took some pics of my G22...I've put over 3k rounds through this gun. Let me know where I should look closer and I'd be glad to help.

PS: I don't think it's a big deal...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

4. MainStreetIowa

MainStreetIowa

Can you figure out where he's talking about? I read the post 3 times and can't tell.

I mean sure, it's likely normal but if you know what he's referring to, tell him and rest of us what exactly he's looking at, please.

5. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

It sounds like pic 3 in the second post. That's all I can think of and by the description he is telling us.

6. viewoptic

viewoptic

The 4th picture is exactly what i am looking at/talking about.
    There is a curved line down the middle of where the spring is attached to the polymer on the 4th pic going from top to bottom where the notches are cut out for the spring.

Thanks

7. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I am not seeing anything in pic 4 that describes what you are saying.

8. NWoutdoor

NWoutdoor

I looked closely at the area where the spring is attached on my G22 pictured. I don't see a scratch or line. How deep is it?
    I would not worry about it unless the scratch was really deep.

9. MainStreetIowa

MainStreetIowa

Welp, as long as you see something that puts your mind to ease, then it's all good. :supergrin: Quit worrying and go shoot that badass!!

10. viewoptic

viewoptic

Its not deep whatever it is, if its a scratch i could care less, i would actually be happy if i knew thats what it was :rofl: ...but its the not knowing part that bugs me. if you look at that 4th pic you posted imagine a curved line that connects the top notch to the bottom notch and thats what im talking about, as long as its not a crack i dont care.

11. viewoptic

viewoptic

So has anyone seen this kinda thing before?

12. Dave T

Dave T

Go shoot the crap out of it, as much as you can afford. Then check your line again. If it hasn't changed quit worrying about it and buy more ammo.

Dave

13. jimmygun

jimmygun

its probably from the polymer molding process, all Glocks are inspected and fired before leaving the company, I wouldn't worry I would go shoot. Remember that one of the specialty of Glock is the strong polymer they use.

14. viewoptic

viewoptic

Thanks for the quick replies you guys, its a brand new gun so thats prob why ive been inspecting everything as i think most of us do when we get something new, the line has to be either from maybe where they were trying to hook the spring and missed when they were putting it together at the factory resulting in a small scratch, or a molding line.

15. viewoptic

viewoptic

I just wonder if anyone else has seen this before, not a big deal ...just wondering.