Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice early Gen 2 but I think I'm done buying Glocks at this point in time. I did recently score a nice early pre-ban Gen 2 23 with a 2 letter serial number, black internals, and 1 pre-ban magazine. I bought it to replace one I sold a little while back and regretted doing so.

And yeah, $100 shipping is crazy. The shipping was too high on my 23 also. I called the seller after winning to discuss sending them a money order to avoid CC fees and I politely asked if they could ship it cheaper than the auction listing quoted. I did save a few bucks doing that.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I normally won't comment on my own auctions, but this needs to be addressed.

Your paying for overnight shipping. The seller (me) lives in an area where I don't have a local FFL dealer who will ship (I used to be the "local dealer" who did this, when I quit that was it) or a not so local dealer who will not do it without out charging an exorbitant amount for "fees" above the $25 bucks it would normally cost... So I really have one option for shipping pistols, UPS overnight. And. I have to drive about 60 miles to ship this pistol because we only have one place that will accept overnight insured items. Tried to explain that in the ad, but most people never read it. I realize people are going to bid less because of the shipping fees but as I put in the ad itself

"the pistol will ship via overnight delivery (assuming that is available in your area). Shipping like that has become stupid expensive, yeah, I get it, nobody wants to have to charge this or pay it, but shipping is a flat $100"

(note that the least I have paid for this service was $89 the most was $139, so sometimes I kick in and sometimes not, but no matter what, when you figure in the drive I STILL LOSE money on the shipping)

and

" I don't have a good "local" FFL dealer to ship from (I was the "local ffl" before I quit). I apologize for the hassle, if it is not something you can work with please do not bid. "

So.

Hope that answers your question of "What are you paying for?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts