Glock Talk banner

Glock G 17 Gen 1

2929 Views 55 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  offrdmania
I have a Gen 1 from 1986 serial# that starts with AR. It is all original and has two clips, the original case, bore brush, rod, and speed loader. Any idea what they are selling for now?
Gas Font Electronic instrument Audio equipment Metal
Trigger Air gun Wood Grey Gun barrel
Gas Font Electronic instrument Audio equipment Metal
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
I have a Gen 1 from 1986 serial# that starts with AR. It is all original and has two clips, the original case, bore brush, rod, and speed loader. Any idea what they are selling for now? View attachment 1136160 View attachment 1136159 View attachment 1136160
Welcome to the collectors forum! Good looking AR there. If your magazines are correct and the internals are original, this one could hit $1200 or more in a well worded auction on GB. This is not the best time to be selling but your G17 would do well in an auction at the right time. Any chance you have the manual for it? If so that number would go up!

· Registered
104 Posts
What does that mean?
It means since you have only been onboard for 10 hours no one here knows for sure that you have not cut and pasted a photo from the internet somewhere.

If you were to take a current photo with information like a newspaper with today's date on it, and maybe a handwritten note with your username jsm2891, the Glock Talk community would be feeling a little more like this is a firearm owned by you and not merely a photo of another G17 from the interweb. People use that tactic to scam potential buyers out of their hard earned dollars.

· GT Water Dept
1,543 Posts
Quite a few new members showing up with Gen 1 17s out of the sudden :D
Its the ones buying the $3k auctions on GB wanting to know what good of a deal they got lol

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It means since you have only been onboard for 10 hours no one here knows for sure that you have not cut and pasted a photo from the internet somewhere.

If you were to take a current photo with information like a newspaper with today's date on it, and maybe a handwritten note with your username jsm2891, the Glock Talk community would be feeling a little more like this is a firearm owned by you and not merely a photo of another G17 from the interweb. People use that tactic to scam potential buyers out of their hard earned dollars.
I understand now
Font Musical instrument accessory Gas Radio Electronic instrument
Typewriter Electronic instrument Office equipment Audio equipment Home appliance
, thank you. Font Musical instrument accessory Gas Radio Electronic instrument
Typewriter Electronic instrument Office equipment Audio equipment Home appliance

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the collectors forum! Good looking AR there. If your magazines are correct and the internals are original, this one could hit $1200 or more in a well worded auction on GB. This is not the best time to be selling but your G17 would do well in an auction at the right time. Any chance you have the manual for it? If so that number would go up!
No, I wish I did.

· Silent Operator
2,857 Posts
March 1986 date code, non pencil barreled... what else you got with it? Manual, sticker on box showing serial, original black internals? You see there is no simple answer to your question... depends on many factors. If your answer is yes to all, prolly as high as $2.5k in an auction setting. If you are missing the manual, value is much lesser.

Ps. I know you mentioned original tupperware but if the sticker is not present that means nothing to a collector.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts