close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Full Auto Conversions?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockadict, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Glockadict

Glockadict

I like most peole would love to own a G18, but it is not going to happen any time soon. Is there a legal way to get a converted Glock, or have you Glock converted to full auto. I heard about some 1986 pre-ban conversions, and was wondering if anyone knew about the legalities of it all?

2. blueiron

blueiron

Might want to try a search within the forum, it has been discussed quite a bit. Never going to happen - legally.

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I know how much it's been discussed, and how impossible it seems, but I also remember seeing a few movies of people (some looked like teens) taking turns shooting a full auto Glock.

I can't site the source or the thread, but I know I saw it here a few months ago. Either daddy is LE, DEA, etc. or someone's got a full auto Glock legally as a civie.

I also heard someone ask if it was legal to make a Glock full auto without adding a sear or a selector switch to it (it can be done with a small piece of metal or even a paper clip). Doesn't seem like any ILLEGAL parts are being used, but then again a pistol that just happens to be full auto can't be legal.

What sucks is Glocks are REALLY EASY to make full auto, unlike some other guns. So it's not like the official parts are even needed.:( Still federal law says you need to use parts that were registered pre-1986 to do the job.

Oh well, thems the rules I guess.

-Emt1581

4. r2kba

r2kba Relax

5. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

believe it or not, a couple civvies actually do own them. Guys who bought G 17s back in 83 and 84 when they first hit the market and converted them before the 86 Volkmer-McClure act. So technically speaking, pre 86 Glock 17 to Glock 18 full auto examples do exist, but i'd imagine that the people who are lucky enough to own them would never sell them, even for a hefty price tag. i sure wouldn't:)

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

7. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

Keep in mind that not everything you see on the internet is from the Good Ole USofA. Machineguns are not banned in all countries, and no there is no way you can legally own a full auto Glock in this country unless your LEdept. issues one to you, or you are licensed to manuf. or deal in NFA firearms or a salesman working for above company.

Going to one of the larger machinegun shoots in the country sould give you a chance to shoot one.

8. cjp85

cjp85

I thought that there was a way you could, but it would pretty much require that you are a designer or manufacturer. I heard its really expensive, but if you could get the permits to be a manufacturer it might be even cheaper than many of the machine guns that are legal. I could be wrong, but how else would certain companies that make machine guns be able to.

9. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Not sure if I'm addressing your reply, but the companies aren't making machine guns today for civilians, at least not for AMERICAN civilians. They are making them for police/military.

All machine guns availiable for civilian ownership are a little less than 20 years old at the least.

No matter how expensive things may be, no amount of money can legally buy you a full auto Glock in the US as a civilian. Full auto Glocks owned by civilians are kinda like the Loch Nes monster...everyone belives it (they) are out there, but no one has seen it (them).

It sucks but what can you do?;g

-Emt1581

10. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Yer not missing anything. They are useless. The facination amazes me.

11. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I think switchblades are useless, but they still have their own coolness factor.:cool:

I don't think most people realize how quickly full auto's waste a mag of ammo (belt fed is a whole other story!). You only get two seconds or so of firepower, then you have to reload. Sure you can do some dammage, but for any sitaution that calls for a gun I'd rather have semi-auto than spray 'n pray.

-Emt1581

12. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

BATF did not approve import of the G17 into the United States until 10-Jan-86, so it is unlikely any US civilian bought one in 83 or 84.

13. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

yeah the batf had to make sure the could "these plastic guns" would be discovered by metal detectors. lol

14. BDNJ

BDNJ

FWIW, a converted 17 is NOT an 18.

15. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

not true. Check out this link: http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/9/17/index.htm

pay close attention to the very last line of the article, actually, only read the last line.

16. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

What is your point?

Yes, Kokalis wrote that for SOF in 1984. It is a well-known article, I have the original. Still does not change the fact the gun was not approved for import until 1986, and the first batch of guns arrived shortly thereafter.

17. glockophile

glockophile Always learning

Actually there's a lot you can do. One thing, vote. Write letters to your representatives asking them to introduce a bill repealing 922(o). Write a letter to the NRA saying that you don't want to be a member anymore unless they make 922(o) a priority. I don't know if there is a Bob Stewart legal defense fund, but that is also a possible way to get 922(o) squished, forever. Finally, we can sue. Instead of paying $15k for an AK, why not pool our money and spend $15mil on the Mother of All Lawsuits to force the dept. of treasury to accept our $200 tax payments?

Another option is to move. Machineguns are legal in Switzerland and Finnland and perhaps some other countries.

At an even simpler level, make a commitment to teach people how to shoot. Every year teach one person who has never shot before. I do this. If enough of us do this it will dispel fear of guns and set the groundwork for more reasonable gun laws.

I'm just bringing these things up to point out that yes, there are things that can be done. None will be easy or cheap or fast but giving up and accepting it is a mistake.

18. JWP

JWP

currently about the only way to get g18 is to become an 02ffl or 02/07 ffl - dealer in nfa or dealer/manufacturer

then post samples are available if you get a leo/.gov letter for demo - if 07 you can make your own demo post sample

19. Chopshopchopper

Chopshopchopper

I have a Glock 18 C
    Airsoft Replica
    That is about as close
    As any one can get.
    Legaly...
    You can find blueprints
    to conversions online
    and build them if you are
    a machinist.
    But you will be in big trouble