Glock front sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marksman44, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Marksman44

Marksman44

Is a special tool required to install and remove Glock front sights? What do you recommend? Thank you.

2. alank2

alank2

If it is a stock plastic sight, removal is easy with an ordinary pair of pliers. Just grab the top of the sight with the pliers and pull along with a little twisting. The stock plastic sight is staked in with a small plastic pin.

While most metal replacement sights use a screw to tighten the front, I think at some point the Glock night sights used a pin and require the staking tool. Just make sure you get the front sight that has a screw and a small hex nut driver (I think Ameriglo sells them for $5 or includes them with their sights) and you should be able to install a new front sight easily.

If you want to put a staked front sight back on, you will need a staking tool.

I recommend Ameriglo @ www.ameriglo.net. I have always been impressed with their products and service.

Good Luck,

Alan

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Yep! And if you wish to reinstall it (yes, some folks do just want a stock dot up there) then a dental pick comes in very handy for spearing or snatching that little plastic pin out of the clutches of the sight and a really nice pair of tweezers will hold it (the pin) for you over the underside of the front sight as you push it in to "stake" the stock front sight by expanding the bottom portion against the opening.
    :)