Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the guys video from XS/SX (whatever) Big Dot Sight CO. installing a set of his sights on a G17 (I THINK/MODEL DOESN'T MATTER) and when he removed the front OEM sight he grabbed it with a pair of pliers, applied very little force and it broke right off!

My question is...could that happen if the guns front sight got bumped on something just right? Didn't look very darn secure to me.

I don't like the night sights I have seen so far, they are great in the dark but they stink in the daylight. GLOCK OEMs have them beat in daylight IMHO.

What do you experts have to say? Any good night sights out there that look as good in the daylight as GLOCK OEMs?

Thanks

****:thumbsup:

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
Trijicon makes a non-tritium steel screw-on front sight that is very similar to the standard GLOCK sight.

I use them on my range guns.

·
I shoot guns.
1,570 Posts
What he said. Trijicon makes a sight identical to the plastic front one, but it's steel and screws-in.

The staked plastic sights are commonly known for falling off. It is not at all rare. A pair of little plastic 'legs' are spread open by a small little plastic peg. They pop right out easily when you replace them with something decent. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've heard of OEM plastic sights getting knocked off, but have never seen it first-hand. What I have seem, all too commonly, is the plastic front sight getting warped just from the process of drawing and reholstering. My agency just bought five G23's for training. They've been to the range of all three times and already one of them has a front sight so mangled it's difficult to get the correct sight picture. I'd make it a priority to replace it with something more durable.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your one of those 'speak quietly and carry a big GLOCK' types! A picture says a thousand words.

Thanks Butch, and thanks for the other reply's as well.

Butch...that sight looks like the squared off edges could cause problems while holstering ???

But, I think I will look into getting a new front sight now!

****:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts