Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, or has anyone sent in there older glock to have the frame replaced? Will Glock replace a worn frame?

I am picking up an older 3rd gen, and I would like to make it look new again.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, been that way for a while.... I wouldn't wait around, you have no idea how long it may be.

And I really hate to buy something like that sight unseen, not to mention I can't find a price anywhere. So, back to the original option, does anyone know if Glock will replace a frame?

·
Glock talker
948 Posts
Yes, they'll replace the frame. I just got my G26 back from Smyrna. I got an American-made replacement "G-frame" (S/N Gxxxxx) because I was told the Austrian frames would take twice as long to arrive. From sending out to getting back was no more than three weeks... new frame, and a bunch of other new stuff too! Take the time to call them & keep on top of it, everyone I talked to over there was really helpful.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Does anyone know, or has anyone sent in there older glock to have the frame replaced? Will Glock replace a worn frame?

I am picking up an older 3rd gen, and I would like to make it look new again.

I don't think they will replace it for cosmetic reasons. If there is a breakage or a mechanical problem,YES definitely

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they'll replace the frame. I just got my G26 back from Smyrna. I got an American-made replacement "G-frame" (S/N Gxxxxx) because I was told the Austrian frames would take twice as long to arrive. From sending out to getting back was no more than three weeks... new frame, and a bunch of other new stuff too! Take the time to call them & keep on top of it, everyone I talked to over there was really helpful.

Why did you have your frame replaced?

·
just me
8,190 Posts
I don't think they will replace it for cosmetic reasons. If there is a breakage or a mechanical problem,YES definitely
if you pay the 150.00 I don't think they care and you don't get the old one back ( frame ) they cut it up !!!!! danny r said he has got a oldframe back don't know how ....

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you pay the 150.00 I don't think they care and you don't get the out one back ( frame ) they cut it up !!!!! danny r said he has got a oldframe back don't know how ....

Of course, I could always cause a breakage...:tbo:

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
don't think i would do that !!!! and how bad is it on the other frame ? :whistling:

Oh, I've seen worse, but I'm picking up the gun for $150 otd tomorrow, so I can spare a few bucks on my G17 budget, so a $150 glock frame wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I had also kicked around the idea of a ccf frame.

·
just me
8,190 Posts
oh, i've seen worse, but i'm picking up the gun for $150 otd tomorrow, so i can spare a few bucks on my g17 budget, so a $150 glock frame wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I had also kicked around the idea of a ccf frame.
i would not get the ccf frame !!!! I would just call glock and see what they want you to do to send them the gun to them ( 770-432-1202 )

·
President Evil
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I am now waiting to hear back from a friend whose dad is an armorer at Glock in Smyrna.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
if you pay the 150.00 I don't think they care and you don't get the old one back ( frame ) they cut it up !!!!! danny r said he has got a oldframe back don't know how ....
I have a g21 that was on the recall list. I took it to glock and offered to pay for a 21sf frame and they would not do it. I did get a new standard 21 frame free .

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:) Sorry for being a little slow on this one; but, awhile ago Glockmeister was selling Glock frames (receivers) separately from the rest of the pistol. Wasn't cheap; and the serial numbers didn't match; but, you could get them. You might, also, want to check with Aro-Tek. They might have something you could use, too.

Wouldn't be too fast to write off Lone Wolf's new frame. It's probably a lot closer to distribution than you think; and, I'll bet it works. In any event I have never found the Shepard family to be anything but entirely honest and a pleasure to do business with.

JR stands behind every product that Lone Wolf sells. For instance, there are two exceptional Glock connectors in the world - better than factory - and Lone Wolf distributes one of them. Why not give it a couple of months before you decide to do anything about a new frame? You might be pleasantly surprised.

In my personal opinion, the Glock pistol was never designed to be a metal frame gun. I, myself, am not willing to, 'jump through the hoops' necessary to guarantee that a metal framed Glock is going to work. If you want something like this for the range or competition, fine; but, I'd never never carry one. ;)

·
NRA Life Member
5,447 Posts
I sent one in for the frame recall, and they had to order a new frame from Austria to get the same serial number (well, with a 1 in front of the old serial number). It took about 6 weeks, which is what they told me when I called before shipping.

When I got it back, they had replaced ALL the internals, and the frame. It was virtually a new gun.

They test fired it, and returned it with the packing slip with all the replaced parts listed. They removed an aftermarket connector I had left in the gun, but sent it back in a baggie in the box.

They can send directly back to an individual, it doesn't have to go through an FFL (in Alabama, at least).

Best part: all done at No Charge except the shipping costs to send it to them.

BTW: When I called to check at 6 weeks, they couldn't tell me an estimated ship date. But it arrived in less than another week anyway.

You can check to see if yours is on the recall list by looking in the Serial Number Thread," or just by calling Glock. If you want to send one in that isn't recalled, I think it costs like $150, as others have said, for the service. But you get back what is virtually a new gun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts