close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock frame Bondo?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hickok45, Dec 25, 2006.

1. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

What's the best "Bondo" for customizing a Glock frame? I'm thinking somebody told me awhile back that Brownell's carries something that is really good.

A confessed Glock lover/shooter, I've always had a problem with the hump (lower rear of grip) on the larger models. On 1911's I just install a flat mainspring housing.

You should see my Glock 20. It feels pretty good, but I call it my Frankenstein model. I ground down the hump as much as possible (can't grind off much) and used tape and Decal Grip to fill in above the hump, trying to create a straight rear grip.

I've threatened to use Bondo. I have no doubt I could create a fabulous grip that fits my hand perfectly, particularly since I could apply and sand until I got it right!

I'm sure Robar does great work, but that doesn't mean it would feel great to me, unless I'm there when the work's being done. I'd rather do the modifications myself; besides, I don't really need a grip reduction (large hands); I just want a flat rear grip!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

3. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Thanks a bunch!

I'm ready to sculpt! Don't know that finished product will be pretty, but it will feel and shoot great, I have no doubt.

The thing (G20) is a nail driver already.

4. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Cool, I'd like to see a pic when you're done with it! Good luck!