Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is, if I had a G26 or a G30 would the frames accept the full sized slides? Like putting a G17 slide on a G 26. The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to buy one and have the longer slide/ barrel combo to swap in and out for different applications with the help of G17 mags and a grip extension.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would think a G17 slide would be too long for a G26 frame. I don't believe you can use a G17 Barrel in a g26 slide/frame either. You can I believe use a G19 Barrel in a G26 slide/frame though And you can use the G17 or G19 mags with an Xgrip or without in your G26.

·
Photojournalist
541 Posts
This is begging another question...

Can you put a Gen3 slide on a Gen 4 frame?

I have a Gen3 G23...would love to be able to order just a G4 frame for it instead of sending it off to be butchered (professionally of course!)

·
Photojournalist
541 Posts
The third gen slide will fit on a fourth gen frame, but there will be a gap around the dust cover.
thanks...I will have to try it :wavey:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its too bad the 17's slide won't fit on the 26's frame. If it did, you would have a crazy amount of options with just one pistol. Swap 26 to 17 and add a grip extension and you've got a HD gun and then back to the 26 slide for ccw. I was really hoping you could. :(

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Sounds like the solution would be to have both a complete G26 and a complete G17. And seems the few times I have seen an actual Glock slide for sale without the frame what they want for it seems a substantial portion of the whole pistol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts