Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never owned a Glock, but, I am looking for a carry pistol. I think I have it narrowed down to a G-19, G-23, or a G-30. I do my own reloading and am already set up for 45ACP and 9mm. I have no problem with caliber change though.
Which do you like best (of these models) and why do you prefer one over the other?

·
NRA Patriot Life Member
7,584 Posts
G30 short frame.

10 rounds of 45 ACP

Shoots like a dream.
I dont own the others you mentioned.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I own a G19 and a G30. Carry the G30 when able. 10 + 1 rounds of .45 is mighty comforting.

·
BHO is a LIAR!
7,813 Posts
Personally I like the 23. It has 13 + 1 and just like some others you can get conversion barrels to shoot 9mm. If you buy a 19 you are stuck with just shooting 9mm.
It's all about options.

·
Armchair IPSCer
1,009 Posts
The 19 or the 23.

*G30 "problems"
*19/17 model Glocks are probably the most trustworthy, reliable automatics on the market; the .40s have a slightly smaller round count (especially post-earlier-reported-"kabooms") but just as reliable in practice.
*Capacity is king with carry guns; 15 rounds in a carriable package adds up nice. With modern defense ammo you're carrying more heat than with the 30 (IMHO, I shoot nines wayy better than ACP).
*The 19 and 23 frames are the best Glock frames, IM(and most others')HO.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I vote G19. I will concede though a G23 would be a good choice too as you could have a 3 caliber gun by purchasing a couple of conversion barrels (~$100 each).

FTR I currently own G19,G38,G23/32bbl, and have a G36 on order. I have in the past owned G26,G22,G30,G21SF.

·
No, its a Glock
141 Posts
Got a G19 and a G30. I carry my 30 more... not sure why, I can shoot them both just as well but I do like having those flying ashtrays sitting in the mag. :) Carry what you can shoot and what you can trust with your life.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Out of your choices I would suggest the G23 also as a few others have its a great gun and fun at the range. If you're not looking for a range gun and just a carry gun you make check out the g27.

·
Registered
257 Posts
G19 here ..any of the aforementioned are fine of course ..though the fact that 9mm ammo has been getting harder to locate, may factor into my decision ..these days :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glocks are addictive. I like to carry my G30, but after having a number of Glocks over many years, I still keep thinking that I need a different one. It gets expensive. May I suggest that you make sure that you know how to properly grip a handgun and just get the one that points best. Others will follow.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Glock 19. Big enough to fight with, small enough to conceal.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Glock 23 for me as well. It's my EDC.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I would probably vote for the G23 due to the fact that you can get conversion barrels for them in .357 and 9mm. Although I think every Glock lover should own a G19 just for the hell of it.

Whatever you pick, know that you have went with a great brand firearm. Welcome to the forum!

-Rounder

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I'm 5'11" and 147lbs and I can CC a G23 in a small of the back hip holster. I usually wear baggy shirts though, otherwise it would print.

Edit: G19 is gonna be the next one I buy, then G30.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I personally carry an older G30 and love it. Shoots great, fast on follow up shots. My wife likes G22. I also have a G27 that I like to shoot, but there is something about 45 acp. Plus I too reload for it and makes it very affordable.

Corey

1 - 20 of 80 Posts