Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GlockTalker,

after a very long screen break in this forum, I would like to show you a very special piece of my collection again:

The Glock "Field Knife" FM78 (BMLV) with the typical Austrian Army markings, square Logo and a incorporated coat of arms in the handle from the "Federal Ministry of Defence"

Wood Blade Knife Hunting knife Gas

Wood Knife Blade Everyday carry Hardwood

The knife belonged to one of those high-ranking officers and has never been used!

Greetings from Austria,
Florian

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
That’s a good looking knife! Love the crest on it.

Edit - somehow autocorrect changed crest to greasy. What would I ever do without Apple?

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
4,300 Posts
I really like my glock field knife. Great for camping. I bought it just because it looked cool and was cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Great Knifes and a bayonet for the AUG
I've got a handful of cash for one of the bayonet adapters. I only ever see the same two pictures of them. I never see them available.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a handful of cash for one of the bayonet adapters. I only ever see the same two pictures of them. I never see them available.
I have seen one a couple of months ago - but he wanted an absolutely unrealistic sum of money for it.
I left it, it wasn't worth it to me. You don't have to pay any price. Somehow you have to set limits (to the sellers) It has to be realistic, not just "wishes" and not just pure greed!!
Camera accessory Composite material Auto part Plastic Personal protective equipment

Bicycle part Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Nut

The seller had two of them and wanted 800€ each, so about 850$ and extra for shipping!

Greetings,
Florian

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Wow! Never even knew these existed. Much less they are so incredibly rare.
Who produced these?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wow! Never even knew these existed. Much less they are so incredibly rare.
Who produced these?
I assume that Glock itself produced them in a small „batch“ but due the fact the Glock knife was not meant for the STG 77 they discontinued it. I also don’t know how many of them are around but the 800€ was way to much for me. I don’t need it that hard.

I would have paid something around 250-300€ but not more…

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Is it Glock marked?
They must have subcontracted the work out. It just doesn’t appear to be a Glock in house produced item.
‘The finish on the metal appears to just be blued. What other Glock produced products feature this type of finish?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Is it Glock marked?
They must have subcontracted the work out. It just doesn’t appear to be a Glock in house produced item.
‘The finish on the metal appears to just be blued. What other Glock produced products feature this type of finish?
Not sure it was ever represented as a Glock item, to be honest. I still want one.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Reading that convinces me sniper this was not manufactured by Glock produced item.

Someone in Austria contact Glock direct.
‘Find out who they subbed the work out to.
‘I bet that manufacture has a bunch of those left over or parts…. Thank me after you get yours.

That wouldn’t be a terribly difficult item to produce. I would be looking for a manufacture of sling ends In Austria. Contact Steyr and see if someone there remembers these.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello GlockTalker,

after a very long screen break in this forum, I would like to show you a very special piece of my collection again:

The Glock "Field Knife" FM78 (BMLV) with the typical Austrian Army markings, square Logo and a incorporated coat of arms in the handle from the "Federal Ministry of Defence"

View attachment 1081152

View attachment 1081150

The knife belonged to one of those high-ranking officers and has never been used!

Greetings from Austria,
Florian
Beautiful knife!! Now you know what I would like for Christmas ;)

congrats!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts