Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen something today that I have never seen before and I've seen a lot of Glocks...

An old couple aproached the firing line and began firing around their targets; all three where shooting WWB (100 count a piece). There were two G26's, and one G19... Sadly, one of the G26's made five light primer strikes out of the box of 100. I then asked the ladies if they minded switching boxes for the remainder of the day... And once again, grandmas G26 kept letting her down :crying:

NOTE: all glocks were brand new and showed no problems during their previous visits...

What could be the cause of this???

·
Registered
351 Posts
You need to look more closely at the primer strikes. The rounds that failed to go off: were the primer strikes off center? You must also inspect fired casings as a Glock is designed to fire slightly out of battery. Thus, some fired casings may also show off-center strikes. I had the devil of a time with a G19 with failures to go into battery once or more per magazine. Threw away the plastic spring guide and substituted a home-made steel guide. Problem solved. But this doesn't apply to the G26 which uses a dual, captive spring system.

Although doubtful, you may need to break the gun down as they just may have lubed it with axle grease or something.

I've got a G26 10 years now that has yet to suffer a stoppage no matter what I feed it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a gunked up firing pin channel.

And since when does a couple equal three people?
Sorry, an old couple plus one :rofl:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to look more closely at the primer strikes. The rounds that failed to go off: were the primer strikes off center? You must also inspect fired casings as a Glock is designed to fire slightly out of battery. Thus, some fired casings may also show off-center strikes. I had the devil of a time with a G19 with failures to go into battery once or more per magazine. Threw away the plastic spring guide and substituted a home-made steel guide. Problem solved. But this doesn't apply to the G26 which uses a dual, captive spring system.

Although doubtful, you may need to break the gun down as they just may have lubed it with axle grease or something.

I've got a G26 10 years now that has yet to suffer a stoppage no matter what I feed it.
I did inspect the casings and they all appeared to be off center, even the unfired rounds...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, The firing channel was clear and the firing pin appeared normal...

I even asked if they squirted oil in the firing pin housing and they claimed they didn't and the guns were new.

·
Registered
351 Posts
This narrows it considerably. It means the slide is not going into battery. If you're working with these people again, have them fire ONE round. If you then push on the rear of the slide, you'll see and feel the slide move slightly if its out of battery. Problem is, gun may fire normally but intermix out-of-battery stoppages.

Besides a bad lot of ammo (never evaluate reliability with handloads), this could be a case of limp-wristing.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This narrows it considerably. It means the slide is not going into battery. If you're working with these people again, have them fire ONE round. If you then push on the rear of the slide, you'll see and feel the slide move slightly if its out of battery. Problem is, gun may fire normally but intermix out-of-battery stoppages.

Besides a bad lot of ammo (never evaluate reliability with handloads), this could be a case of limp-wristing.
Yah know, I think your exactly right... The slide wasn't in complete battery due to her constant limp wristing...

Hey thanks federali you've cleared it up. Hopefully next time I see them I can inform her and prevent these issues...

·
Build the Wall
10,316 Posts
And they lived happily ever after!

The End.

:rofl:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I would suggest cleaning out the firing pin channel, I just did mine yesterday, also maybe you need to replace the firing pin spring.

·
20,437 Posts
It's generally operator error that is easily cured with proper two-handed grip and stance.

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
I have had 2 malfunctions with a GLOCK .... I figure they are they my fault. I was using WWB, I was shooting in the rain I think I was limp wristing.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
2 26's and 1 19 = 3 guns:tongueout:

I had seen something today that I have never seen before and I've seen a lot of Glocks...

An old couple aproached the firing line and began firing around their targets; all three where shooting WWB (100 count a piece). There were two G26's, and one G19... Sadly, one of the G26's made five light primer strikes out of the box of 100. I then asked the ladies if they minded switching boxes for the remainder of the day... And once again, grandmas G26 kept letting her down :crying:

NOTE: all glocks were brand new and showed no problems during their previous visits...

What could be the cause of this???
:wavey:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Maybe they had installed a Lightning Strike firing pin. I made that error once and had NUMEROUS light strikes...took it out ASAP. Been bone stock since. In fact, other than night sights, I will never install anything other than stock parts.

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts
Why is every Glock failure written off as limp wristing? It seems this is the infallible scape goat for every glock failure.

1. Gun doesnt go off when u pull the trigger? limp wristing
  2. Gun chokes every 3rd round? limp wristing
  3. Cracked locking block? limp wristing

·
Glock Gimp
13,851 Posts
Why is every Glock failure written off as limp wristing? It seems this is the infallible scape goat for every glock failure.
  1. Gun doesnt go off when u pull the trigger? limp wristing
  2. Gun chokes every 3rd round? limp wristing
  3. Cracked locking block? limp wristing
It's used a lot but not for every failure. That's also an exaggeration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts