Glock factory updated parts?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by m5shooter, Apr 9, 2005.

1. m5shooter

m5shooter

I have a G-17 Gen.1 that I need to have updated with current factory parts. Does anyone know how to contact Glock to have them do the updates and the cost. I heard that if I send them the pistol they will do it for free. The Glock website only gives a address and phone number in Georgia, but no email support. Also if it is possible to have them update the frame to a 3rd Gen. with finger groves and rail for an additional cost. Has anyone ever had this done before?

2. 1911nut

1911nut

I sent in G17 for the updates. It's free except you have to pay shipping to them - that's about $35-42.

Just put it in a box -wrapped securely- UPS next day air or next day air saver to:
    GLOCK Inc. USA, Canada
    6000 Highlands Parkway
    Smyrna, GA 30082
    Attention: Customer Service

Put a note inside with your name and address and request all available updates. They'll even put a new spring and follower in your magazine.

Glock pays the shipping back to you, I got the gun back 6 days after I sent it.

On mine they replaced the recoil spring with a new captive one, new extractor, firing pin, and most of the trigger - disconnector mechanisms. I like the feel of the trigger better than the origional.

I don't know about the 3rd generation work you want - give them a call.

3. m5shooter

m5shooter

Thanks for the info 1911nut. I will contact Glock for the updates. I sure wish Glock would take emails.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

If you have a G17 SN of 'XG' (2-character) or earlier it's a candidate for the upgrade (otherwise not). If you can find a dealer with a certified armorer on staff, the parts for the upgrade are free and they can get them from their district manager. Most should only charge you a nominal bench charge (I'd do it for nothing), but that depends on where you are. Otherwise, the armorer on site at any GSSF match will also do it for you while you wait - just in case you'd like to avoid the hassle of having the gun go back & forth.
    :)

5. m5shooter

m5shooter

Thanks for the info Wig19. My G-17 serial# begines with CH so I think it would be eligable for the updtaes. I spoke with Tech at Glock and they said to send it to the factory...about 2 week turn around time. I think I will try to find out when the next GSSF match is and will just have it done there.

6. iimagine

iimagine

This is probably your best bet and saves money too. Your not without your weapon and you save money. The GSSF website is HERE. Just click on the "Match Schedule" to see when one is coming near you.
    Hope this helps
    iimagine