close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock factory striker springs the heavier type

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AusShane, Jan 3, 2006.

1. AusShane

AusShane

Anybody used these before? ive heard theres a red one which is 28N and a blue one which is 31N
    wanting to know a few things, do either of them make the trigger pull much heavier? will using them increase wear on the firing pin over time? same for the breech face?
    how much better do they work on heavy primers?

2. Joe D

Joe D Guest

I can't imagine needing a heavier striker spring than the stock one. I know folks that use a rifle primer in their guns, don't understand the need for that either. They don't seem to have any problem popping the rifle primers.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Those springs are not available in the USA. CCI makes the hardest primer here, and the stock spring works just fine with them.

4. jungle

jungle

Standard 25N, red 28N, blue31N.

They will increase your trigger pull. Don't know how much, but 10-20% looks about right. They will cause greater impact to the back of the breech face.

Wouldn't recommend them unless you are getting roo guts in the works, or having definite problems with your primer hardness.

G'day!

5. AusShane

AusShane

Haha Roo guts! i like that ;c
    well here we do get alot of rounds from different places alot of US stuff which ive found is the best, Norinco (rubbish usually) PMP which is south african (very good also) some locally made military stuff which is very hot stuff uses a very strong primer
    Do you think its a major concern the impact on the breechface? seeing its a factory glock part i figured it wouldnt be a concern at all
    well i have some on order ill keep updating as i try them out
    thanx for the help guys!

6. jungle

jungle

Probably not needed and won't help the trigger weight, but not likely to hurt. Concur on the South African as very good and the Norinco as not so good. Shot plenty of foreign MILSPEC with no problem with the standard spring. Do not go light on the recoil spring if you use a heavy striker spring.

You know The US started out as sort of a penal colony too don't you? Have a good one.

7. AusShane

AusShane

Yeah interesting history on both sides eh? shame we havent ditched the commonwealth like you guys did itd be good to get the same kinda respect for gun owners as you guys have there always keep up that fight, seriously!
    Id love to get my hands on some swedish 9mm nato stuff ive heard its very hot! the military stuff here ive gotten hold of (ADI) its desgined for sub machine guns so its pretty potent as well, wonder why you cant get these springs in the US? strange still not as weird as the .380 glocks (i know about the point system) ah well interesting stuff ;c

8. AusShane

AusShane

K got the springs installed the blue one, yep heavier trigger pull for sure, slide dosent close as easy - is that because theres more pressure on the trigger bar where it has to pull back the striker? guess the only way around it is a heavier recoil spring well ill try it on the range in a couple of days see how it goes
    trigger pull reminds me of a 8lb conncetor might try the red spring

9. jungle

jungle

Yes. The striker spring and recoil spring are in a tug of war to close the slide. It's all a balancing act and things have to match to get the right result.
    Guys that go with light recoil springs have noticed that the slide may move back slightly when pulling the trigger-not a good thing. Keep an eye out for this.

10. AusShane

AusShane

Oh right yeah i thought that was the case, come to think of it would anyone even make a heavier recoil spring? its not so bad just all of a sudden when i first closed it reminded me of an old glock i had which had a badly worn recoil spring and my 34 is only 12 months old! well il keep an eye out while im shootng ill put 200 through it this sunday might take some pics of the primer strikes after shooting standard and blue spring

11. AusShane

AusShane

Ok tryed out the new blue spring (31N) put about 60 through it before i got sick of the heavy trigger pull, took a picture of 2 cases one using a standard spring (25N) and the blue one, sorry the pics are bad i only have a webcam atm, the strike from the blue type seems (by looking) lighter but i dunno webcam pics aint the best

12. AusShane

AusShane

13. SAWBONES

SAWBONES Hoplophilic Doc Millennium Member

I own and have tried both the Glock OEM red and blue striker springs.
    If you MUST have a heavier trigger pull (not sure why you'd want that...), they make a lot more sense than either of the "New York trigger springs", since you get a harder primer strike instead of nothing as the tradeoff.

14. AusShane

AusShane

Well i wasnt actually trying to get a heavier trigger pull it was more the fact i get alot of odds and ends of different ammo some Norinco, PMP, ADI militray stuff alot it has heavy primers so that was my reason for getting the heavier springs. Now ive ditched em but next time i do get some ammo like that ill put the blue spring in just till ive shot it all off, a few people have told me you cant get those springs in the US

15. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Excellent point!

16. AusShane

AusShane

i was using the springs for heavy primers ^2