close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock factory sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mell, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mell

mell

Hi,
    What kind of night sights does glock ship with its guns? Are they the company's own sights or are they an aftermarket sight? Are they as good as trijicon or meprolite? Is it worth it to buy the gun with the factory sights or should I just put the sights on after I get the gun? Thanks for the help gang.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

To the best of my knowledge Glock only installs their own night sights for normal sales these days, and I think the tritium inserts come from Meprolight, but I'm not sure(someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
    [​IMG]

Are they 'as good' as the others? I can't say, I've not seen or used any as of yet. Were I in your position, I'd give them a try, they're inexpensive in comparison to the others and Glock will fix them if they don't work for some reason. If all else fails you can always put the other brand(s) on.

;?

3. U1121

U1121

Butch is right-on!!

GLOCK uses the Meprolight tritium vials in their OEM nightsights.

I like the Meprolight better than Trijicons, personally.

U1121

4. El Duderino

El Duderino Go Gators!

How are the front Glock OEM nights installed?

5. U1121

U1121

Staked-on using a special tool

6. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Do you know what Glock charges for their fixed night sites? I saw what Glockmeister charges. I assume it is close...

7. U1121

U1121

IIRC, GLOCK will install their nightsights on your slide for approx. $57

U1121

8. El Duderino

El Duderino Go Gators!

I just called last week and they quoted me $72 + shipping.

9. Butch

The price has gone up.....bummer.

;?

10. ksshooter

ksshooter

I belive he was asking how the Glock Night Sights were installed in the front. They are not staked on they should be locktighted on with a nut don't remember the diam.

11. Butch

Nope, Glock moved away from the use of the screw to retain the front sight and went to staking them on. I've not heard that that has changed.....not that they feel the need to keep me informed. ;Q (so it's possible that it's changed back, but I don't think so)

;?

12. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Some of the other members on this board have also reported receiving Glocks with stock Glock night sights that had Trijicon tubes.

It seems they are using Both Mepro's and Triji's tubes. Triji tubes have a much sharper image and are of much better quality than the Mepro's. Just my opinion.

13. mell

mell

Thanks for the guick replies gang. I jsut got off the telephone with glock. A representative stated that Glock is currently using the Trijicon night sights on all model pistols and has been for a little while. The rep told me that any models that are currently in distributor inventory should have these on the guns. Thanks again for the friendly help!:)

14. Butch

So does this mean that Trijicon is putting their inserts in the Glock sights or that Glock has stopped using their sights (with the stake on front sight) and are simply installing Trijicon sights again?

;?

15. commander

commander

I have Meps on my 27 and Glocks on my 30. Not much difference but the front sight on the 27 seems a little brighter. It could be because it's a little closer.
    Glockmeister was a little cheaper if you count shipping but only by a couple bucks. Ben installed them while I waited, no shipping.
    Both Meprolight and Glock are excellent night sights.

16. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Since the price increase no senst in going through them, not to mention cost of shipping. Any local gun show should be able to take care of you for about the same. I buy whatever sights I want and have them installed for $5.

17. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

FWIW, the district guy I talked to the other day advised they're still using their own sights (Triji tubes I believe) but that they still use the crush/crimp front because they wanted one front sight to worry about, being limited by space inside the G36 slide.
    Glock went to $72 ?! That is a bummer indeed; that's enough to make someone click
    www.lonewolfdist.com
    ;f

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'm not aware of any changes in Glock policy. Glock was shipping pistols with their own brand signts, tubes by Meprolight, with stake on front's. I'll check with Steve tomorrow. In the meantime, Butch is absolutely correct.

19. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Well, I want to get my gun refinished at the same time, so I guess I'll still go thru Glock...

20. Jim

Jim

Just to confuse the issue a little more, I called Wilson/Meprolight about two weeks ago, they say that Glock is still using Mep tubes in Glock metal sights.

One of my G19's, made about a year ago, has Glock factory sights and they appear to have Mep tubes in Glock-marked metal. The front element is definitely dimmer than the rear elements, not good. Since several folks have posted about the same problem and said that a replacement front from Glock was no better, on my other 19 I put Meps with the green front & yellow rear elements. Much better. I have used Trijicons for many years on some other guns and like them less- the white circles would start to disappear after a year or two, even when using nothing stronger than Break Free CLP and an occasional shot of Gun Scrubber.

All the night sights are good, this is one of those YMMV situations.