close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Factory Refinishing?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by burntmypiston, Apr 2, 2010.

1. burntmypiston

burntmypiston

Will Glock refinish a slide if you send it to them? Anyone know what they charge? Also, do they sell OEM parts? I'm looking for an extra captured recoil spring/guide rod for my 36.

2. burntmypiston

burntmypiston

3. glockjeeper

glockjeeper G19/J Frame fan

4. burntmypiston

burntmypiston

Gracias Amigo! I wonder if I should just enjoy the hard earned wear that's on it. Kinda like character marks. I just don't want the thing to start rusting and I'd like the part of the recoil spring assembly that you can see just under the muzzle to be black again. Paint it?

5. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I'd go with character marks. Love em. Shows anyone that cares that my Glocks are not "safe queens".

Try a "Marks-a-Lot" permanent magic marker to see if that will do what you want to the recoil spring. But I'd just ignore it and enjoy a really fine weapon.

6. glockjeeper

glockjeeper G19/J Frame fan

This. And its not going to rust, the tenifer is still there, just the black finish is wearing off. If you take care of it it won't rust anyway. I have an older Gen2 G19 with alot of finish wear and its not rusting. You'll note in the topic I linked that I sent mine in but didn't get it refinished, mainly because the guy on the phone couldn't guarantee if I'd get the old style parkerized finish (which I wanted) or the newer "shiney" finish. But another poster in the topic shows a pic of his that he got refinished and they did use the older style finish.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  7. burntmypiston

burntmypiston

Very cool. I did the marker trick and it looks much better. I detail stripped the slide tonight and cleaned everything just for fun. I really like this pistol and I do think I leave the character on it. Wish I had the guts to get into the frame disassembly. I know it's not necessary but I like to know how to do everything on my guns, and a Glock seems like it would be easy. I just don't have an armorer's manual.