Glock Talk banner

glock factory rebuild questions

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  BManoftheyear 
#1 ·
I had purchased (layaway) a factory rebuilt glock 17 for $449 with 2 17 round mags,owners manual,warranty certificate,and cleaning kit.I will get it either friday or saturday when I pay the rest of it.
The gun looked great had a little bit of slide wear but nothing serious.On the trigger guard it had a silver sticker on it that said factory rebuilt by glock on it.Does anyone know anything about this?
I want to know if that is how glock does it or is the gun shop reeling me in.I am gonna get the gun either way I just would like to know about this,why does glock do this and what warranty does it offer.

I tried to google it but I didn;t get the answers I was looking for.It is a 3rd gen frame with the rail and finger grooves.I have no idea when glock started doing the 3rd gen frame and would like to know possibly how old the gun is.
When I get it I will post pics I promise,along with a target and a range report thanks guys

#3 ·
Mine had a 7 stammed on the inside of the dust cover.

#6 ·
NO :tongueout: There is a 7 stamped under the dust cover I was told on another thread that met it was a factory rebuild. I paid 337 for it a G37.

#8 ·
I have a "rebuilt" Glock 32. The rebuilds will have the 7 stamped in the dust cover.

Rebuilds are great. I got my rebuilt Glock 32 with night sights from Summit Gun Broker for only $375. Great deal IMO. The 32 looked brand new too, it was never shot much at all by whom ever had it before me.

#9 ·
Can anyone post a picture of this "7 stamped"? I have never seem one yet. I've never hear anything bad about glock rebuild, but $449 is a bit high. I go my G22 new for $460+shipping($20).

#10 ·
To find out when your Glock was made, visit the following thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412093

If the gun had the tag on the trigger guard saying it was factory rebuilt (or refurbished, Glock has used both terms) then it should come with a lifetime warranty.

#11 ·
$449 is high but I cannot get a new one normally for under $550 locally and I want to help my community and support local businesses when I can.That is the main reason why I bought it local then online.Plus they are good people in there and I have also made 2 other purchases there before.I kinda feel welcome when I go there so it is pretty comfortable to just go local and pay a lil more.

#13 ·
Reconditioned Glocks are mostly LE trade ins. They are inspected, refinished and all worn parts are replaced. The gun is as good as a new one. They come with a warranty. The magazine will be either new or reconditioned.

I would buy a reconditioned gun. After the first shot they're all used guns. Why pay more just to be the first owner.

#14 ·
well it was $100 cheaper so I went for it.I go and get it tomorrow so I should be able to post pics of it tomorrow around 8pm.
I will see if there is anything stamped on it or not.To be truthful with you all I really didn't even pay it much attention.I held it to see how it fit my hand and that was it I gave it back to her.I was so surprised she wanted the used 17 over the new 19.
Have any of you felt better with the g17 vs the g19?It felt alot better to me then the g19 but I like full sized guns I guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.