glock factory night sites

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dan berock, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dan berock

dan berock

i just bought a new glock 26 with night sights installed...they say G...for glock...does anyone know who makes them?...are they good?...i have read bad reviews on the net about them...most night sights have a 12 year warranty...why are glocks only 10?...is it true you can only replace them with glock night sights?

thanks for any info:wavey:

2. DWhitehorne

DWhitehorne

I'm not sure who makes them but I would say they are good sights. I recently sold a G19 I bought new in 1995 and the glock factory night sights were still very bright. I just bought a second gen G22 with factory night sights from CDNN. I dated it June 1994 with the serial number on Glocktalk. The factory night sights are plenty bright. David

3. kat1950

kat1950

Used to be Meprolight now its Trijion.

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

1) Meprolight has long been the supplier for OEM Glock night sights. If that has changed, I cannot confirm it. They are excellent sights and a good value.

2) Meps are typically the brightest night sights. Israeli-made, battle tested Meps have larger lamps than most others, making them appear brighter. They are combat-type sights, low in profile with a wide front blade. They are fine bull's-eye sights out to 50-feet, and IMO, a good choice for a G26.

3) Considering the lower price, isn't ten years enough? All brands will dim over the years--you'll likely opt to replace them in ten years anyway. The OEM Mep front sight on my 2005 G21 is the only front sight I haven't had to reinstall myself! With over 8000-rounds of .45 ACP and 10 mm, it has stayed put just fine. You can replace Glock Night Sights with any sights made for your model gun.

--Ray

5. dan berock

dan berock

thanks for the great posts:thumbsup:

6. kat1950

kat1950

Serial G & H, Trijion.