Glock Factory Night Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wubbman, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Wubbman

Wubbman Guest

Hey all, I just picked up my KY CCDW permit today but don't have a handgun to carry yet. I'm planning on a G29 but can't decide on the sights. I've got a Glock 20 w/ Ameriglo low profile sights that I love, but I wonder if it would be simpler to just go with factory night sights. What are they like? Are they better than Ameriglos or Mepros? The place I want to buy from can get a G29 with factory sights for $585 plus tax. Is that a good price?

Also, without wading into the carry forum, does anyone have any experience with the Comp Tac Gurkha slides holster? I'm thinking of going with that one.

Thanks.

2. DavidinSA

DavidinSA

Factory work fine for me on my G20.
    The cost difference to compared to standard sights was almost nothing.
    So I ordered with the night sights.
    Sounds like a fair price.

I can get you pics later if you want.

David

3. nickn

nickn Guest

factory night sites for glocks these days are meps.

4. bambihunter

bambihunter Guest

Yep, go with the factory night sites. Many aftermarket sites are too high profile, or too wimpy for day in day out use IMHO. The factory sites on my G29 were just right for the intended task. I did put adjustable night sites on my G20 but that was because it shares roles as home defense and hunting sidearm so adjustable was desired for the latter, and night sites logically would help its defense role.

5. Akita

Akita gone

I dont like MOST Glock factory night sights anymore as they are Staked in instead of Screwed into the slide. Call me old fashioned, but I believe screw + Locktite is stronger.
    Plus, I love the TruDot Tritiums for day and subdued light.
    [​IMG]

6. DavidinSA

DavidinSA

If you want, in my opinion and many others, the best quick acquisition sights go with the 24/7 big dots.
    http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html
    I have used them and they really are faster than any others i have used. Amazingly faster.
    Another set that i like are the Ameriglo U-Rap night sights.
    http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/catalog/2007.pdf
    http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/
    Although I prefer the Big Dots because of their cleaner profile than the U-Raps. Less to snag on.

The negative of the fast acquisitions sights are that you loose some distance acquisition accuracy. But then again, if you are shooting that far away, you probably shouldn't be shooting and are no longer in a defensive situation. And with a G29, you shouldn't be trying to shoot distance anyway if it is a true self defensive protection situation.

Just my 2-cents.
    David

7. Mark 19

Mark 19 Whois John Galt CLM Millennium Member

I've used only Trijicons and Meprolights. These days, I'm more inclined to use a non-night-sight. I guess I'm on a simplicity kick -- and want to be invisible in the dark. So, I really don't have any advice on which sights to get.

What I do humbly advise is: buy a sight pusher! Then, try them all to your hearts content. The sight pusher is one of the best investments I ever made. Your favorite online source should have them. The are a low-volume/low-turnover item so your local gunshop may not stock them.

8. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I just put some of the Truglo sights on my G22, I don't think they are any higher than the factory sights, but they are quite a bit longer since they have the fiber optic option on them. I LOVE these sights and can't recommend them enough, they stand out in any light and I shoot very well with them. My qualification scores improved greatly.

9. DavidinSA

DavidinSA

AMEN on the sight pusher.
    Good call Mark 19.

Just remember, some sights require final fitting in order to be used, be aware of that when you order sights.

David