close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock factory Night Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scotthrabar, Mar 10, 2007.

1. scotthrabar

scotthrabar

What brand (Night Sights) come from the factory on the Glock?

2. kimberguy2004

kimberguy2004

I've heard on here, Mepros. I have a couple of older Gen3's and those had Trijicons. I think it depends on who would come up with the best contract for that year..

3. T. Harless

T. Harless

My understand is they're doing they're own thing now. Tubes from Switzerland.

4. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I always understood them to be Glock made sights with Meprolight tubes. That is why they have the same MH3 stamped on them, as well as the Glock moulded into the bodies. I do know you, that if you order a Glock, you can request Glock brand or Trijicon night sights. I am pretty sure the Glock brand usually add $55 to the price of the gun, and the Trijis add $72.

5. T. Harless

T. Harless

This was from Jim Greene in an armorers class in Oct. For what that's worth, he said all the tritium tubes came from the same place, I believe, in Switzerland and that Glock was now doing their own sights. Could be totally wrong just passing along info from the dude who's card says Glock, Inc.

6. MedEvac

MedEvac

Recently bought my first Glock, a G23 with factory night sights. I called Glock Technical Support this past week with the same question. Glock Tech's response was they are Glock made sights and MeproLight tritium vials.

Edited cause some here are wound a little tight.:cheers:

7. T. Harless

T. Harless

asshat

8. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

You take the word of an unnamed "Glock tech support person" to a guy with a name and a business card that says Glock, Inc. ?

I say the jury is still out.

;)

9. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

Edit my quote! :tongueout:

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:supergrin: Couldn't agree more! Glock tech support seems to play by its own peculiar set of self-written rules. (Hey, it's just a phone call, so who's going to know, anyway!) ;)

Glock replaced a loose factory-purchased Meprolight front blade on my second Model G-21 with one of their (then new) factory night sight blades. Jeeze, what a difference! :shocked:

Not going to say the factory blade was a POC, or nothin like that; but, I couldn't wait to knock it off and reinstall a genuine Meprolight front - instead. :freak:

And isn't MH3 painted on the Glock brand sights? I've never had them on any of my Glocks, but I am pretty sure it is. If it is in fact on them, doesn't that confirm that they do in fact use Meprolight tubes?

According to: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=643141 'MH3' stands for, 'Meprolight, H3' (Tritium)

11. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

And isn't MH3 painted on the Glock brand sights? I've never had them on any of my Glocks, but I am pretty sure it is. If it is in fact on them, doesn't that confirm that they do in fact use Meprolight tubes?