close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock factory Night Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chrisct, Feb 8, 2005.

1. chrisct

chrisct Large Member

What is the concensus on Glock factory night sights? I've heard they us Meprolights, is that true? I had a set of Mepros on my G19 and I loved them, so if they're one and the same with factory NS I'm good to go.

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

The “standard” Glock night sights are their own now, although I’m sure someone else makes the tubes. That’s what you get if you send your slide & $57 back to Smyrna. Glock’s turnaround on that is outstanding btw. You can order a gun with Meps, which are nice, but if you have the gun already it’s just as easy to order them, say, from Lonewolf or Top Glock and get them put on or do it yourself; same with Ameriglos or anything else.

I’ve had one set of Glock night sights. Mine were installed correctly and were very bright – others report dim front sights, possibly because of operator enthusiasm in the front-sight install. It is a crush/crimp affair with a special tool, not pinned or screw-on.
    PROs: Nice & bright; cheap, quick turnaround.
    CONs: Shiny finish didn’t match my slide; moreover, can’t move sights as you pretty much have to destroy the front to get it off.
    ‘Bout as objective as I can get. ;j

3. Jim

Jim

One of my G19's was made about a year ago and came with the Glock factory night sights. The front element is somewhat dimmer than the rear elements, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. Because I've seen other posts saying that a replacement front sight from Glock is usually just as dim as the original, I will simply install a complete set of Meprolight sights on the gun. Those can be ordered with green front/ yellow rear elements, I have a set on another Glock and they are much better at night.