Glock Factory night sights. any good?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Smitty258, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Smitty258

Smitty258

I'm going to be picking up my first Glock (G19) next week under the LEO/Security discount program. I've decided I'd like to get night sights right off the bat cause I know I'll just want ot get them later. I can either get Glock NS or Trijicon NS. The Trijicons are $22 more. I know Trijicons are good sights, but how do the Glock NS compare? Is their any advantage in getting the Trijicons over the Glock sights? Or should I just save the $22 and get the Glock sights.

Thanks!

2. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

The big complaint is that the GNS have a crimped on front sight. TNS front sight is bolted on.

I have the GNS on both my G22 and my G27, both are duty weapons.

Worst case scenario, it falls off, GLOCK says they won't replace it (unlikely) and I have to fork over $25 for a new front sight.

I like GNS better, the dots are larger.

To each his own though.

Now in marches the next 8 pages of factory GLOCK sight bashers.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

They are, in my opinion, the best buy out there. :thumbsup:

I have them on my G21, and in something like 8000+ rounds, they've held up fine! In fact, it's the only front sight I haven't had to reattach! :upeyes:

They're also the brightest night sights I have--big, glowing green orbs.

These are combat night sights, and great bull's-eye sights out to 30 or 40 feet (to my eyes). Conversely, the front sight blade is "fat".

Other brands, like Trijicon, or AmeriGlo, offer narrower front sight blades. From there, you can move on to specialized tritium combat and target sights, like XS or Novak.

All the top brands are good.

Next up for me, AmeriGlo Operator Sights, in Green/Yellow! :banana:

Bang For The Buck--go for the factory Meps.

--Ray

4. cmcinc

cmcinc

I have the Glock night sights on my G27. Had them for a few months and they have been great. I have had it in and out of my holster numerous times and had no problems at all, plus they are very bright.

5. Smitty258

Smitty258

I called the LE Distributer that I will be picking my Glock up at. He only stocks the Trijicons, so it looks like that's what I'm getting.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll be happy with them :)

Thanks for the advice though!

6. dro57

dro57 Millennium Member

My department had Glock replace 150 front sights on our newly delivered G22's. Their staked in front sights are junk. The sight it self may be good, but the mounting method is pretty third rate. What's even more third rate is the staking tool they provided us to fix the front sight. Made of pot metal from a third world country no doubt. Nothing is more disconcerning than seeing your front sight fall off. Glock should have stayed with the TNS screw type mount. I now order my Glocks with stock plastic sights and I install either TNS or Mepros myself.

7. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

You can order Trijicons on the gun from GLOCK in the first place. Just in case you were unaware.

8. dro57

dro57 Millennium Member

That's interesting since they didn't give my department that option.

9. curt732

curt732 Guest

True none the less. Just received my green G21 with TNS. They were part of the order. I don't like anyone touching my pistols before I do unless it is factory work. I'm really a stickler on that issue.

Curt