Glock factory light

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JonasinMacon, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JonasinMacon

JonasinMacon Guest

Does anyone have this factory weapon light that Glock puts out? I've found one at a local dealer for $99.00. Although it's not a Surefire (which I love), the light "looks" reliable. It's also got the Glock name attached to it for what that is worth.

As an comment to an earlier post regarding night sights...I would rather go to court with the defense of "I used my weapon LIGHT" rather than "it was dark and I had night sights".

Regardless, is this Glock Weapon Light worth the $99.00 or not? Seems like it would weigh the front end down a bit, which in my mind would help with what little recoil there is anyway.

Thanks for your input.

2. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

How long will it take for you to draw your weapon and attach the light?

Or do you intend on keeping it on all the time? What holster will you use?

Your best bet is to say, I used my "flashlight" instead of my "weapon light"

3. JonasinMacon

JonasinMacon Guest

Very good questions...

I would leave it attached, since this is my home Glock and not my carry Glock.

I currently use a Surefire flashlight for "bumps in the night" (and boy is it bright).

However, since I'm a gear junkie, I was considering a Glock factory light for my 17.

As far as a holster is concerned, it sits on a nice soft velvet cloth when I'm home, and in the safe when I'm not.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

4. Sertory_glock

Sertory_glock

I had a Glock light and currently have a Surefire X-200A.
    My assessment of the Glock light would be that it's a quality light that's shape makes it almost become part of the pistol. It's reliable and doesn't move on the rail. The deal breaker for me was the beam, it had ghosts or shadowed areas that I didn't care for. My X-200 was more than twice the price and worth every penny. The beam is VERY bright, free of artifact and has amazing range. It's also smaller, in fact so small that when I first received it my first response was to reject it because I didn't see how adequate light could come out of such a small lens.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Although the Glock light will not illuminate the runway at Los Angeles International Airport, it will serve you well for home defense. I have one of the first Glock lights and like it, but it never leaves the house.

6. logiztix

logiztix Meat Popsicle

I like the ergonomics of the Glock light. When resting your index finger against the trigger guard, a little upward pressure gives a momentary shot of light. Follow through and it stays on, whether left or right handed. It's pretty lightweight, with the batteries themselves being most of the weight. It dismounts with the same kind of intuitive mechanism as removing the slide. It seems like it's designed more for the full size frames (like my Glock 17) and places the lens quite a bit ahead of the barrel on my Glock 19. In my opinion, the light is plenty bright, with enough output to sufficiently blind someone you point it at without blinding yourself in the process. There is some ghosting when you adjust the beam to be a floodlight, but this isn't an issue when you dial it into more of a spotlight pattern. I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 on any light, but I picked mine up on sale (possibly closeout) for $60. It never leaves the house and if it had to it would likely be in my hand, so I haven't considered holstering issues.

:thumbsup:

7. JonasinMacon

JonasinMacon Guest

Thanks for everyone's input.

I think I'll go with it on the G19 for the house and not for the G17 for carry.

I think it will beat the possibility of dropping a Surefire light in the middle of the night.

I can just hear her now..."you mean you spent $90.00 on a flashlight???"!!!

8. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Tell her they threw in a free pair of rails to put it on your gun. That's like...$40 right there!! :p

9. Pops 1

Pops 1

Will the Glock light work om my G21SF with the pic rail. Pops

10. dday27

dday27

Yes it will fit just fine, Tried it at the gun shop before buying mine.

11. wotblake

wotblake

The TLR1 is a WAYYY better light and can be had for the same price. A LED will never burn out and will get more run time on a set of batteries.

12. NY Glock

NY Glock

I have the TLR 2 on my G23 (home defense gun. It is always attached), it lit up my whole back yard and it is pitch black around here. TLR 1 is just the light, TLR 2 is with the laser. Highly recommend them and about the same price as the Glock Light

13. Shorin-Shihan

Shorin-Shihan

Definety try it on, I have a Glock light/laser that wont fit my G21. It fits all of the others fine.

14. thorn137

thorn137 Walther

That would be worth basically "nothing".

I've not personally tried a Glock light, but nearly EVERY thing i've ever read from anyone said that other lights were much better at lighting things up.

The Glock version has a nice housing design, but ultimately your choice should be the best actual flashlight.

thorn

15. -EAD-

-EAD- Guest

I got an LED bulb upgrade for my MAGlight a few months back... not as great as a dedicated LED flashlight but still better.

Wonder if there will ever be one for the Glock light.

16. sigfan2340

sigfan2340

I have a Glock light for my 17 that I use for home defense. It works perfectly for that. Shop around, you can find a nice used one for alot less than the $99 price tag.

17. cvjoint

cvjoint Guest

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. The only reason I am selling it is because I want a G21 with laser. $60 shipped here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bozz

Bozz

19. SinglerM

SinglerM Guest

I have one,
    It's a good light, I'd look for one for less than $99.
    I haven't compared it to other brands, but it's more than enough light to light up a room or a hallway, which was all I wanted it for.
    if you going to want to have one on your gun while in a holster, then look elsewhere. I don't know of any holster that will accomodate a Glock with the Glock light. I wasn't looking to do that, so the Glock light works for what I wanted.
    Mitch

20. Dread

Dread

I have the Glock light on my Model 19 in the bedside safe. It works fine for the house and I'll be moving it to my 21sf as soon as I break it in and the 21sf becomes the bedside gun. I agree with what others have said, though. Good for the house, not for carrying, not for outside of the house.