close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock factory front sight G34

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SCHunter, Dec 29, 2004.

1. SCHunter

SCHunter

Is there like a spring clip which holds the front sight on the Glock 34? And if so, can it be reinstalled once it is removed? Just wondered since I am replacing the sights tonight with some from Dawson.
    thanks,
    Dan

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Dan,
    The sight is held in with a small pin that expands the unseen base portion of the sight. If you wish to save the sight, just drive it out from the underside of the slide. A slim punch (pencil, chopstick, etc.) to get thru the 34's hole in the slide will do it. Otherwise you can just jerk it out with pliers; either way the pin will come with it. If you really wish to reuse someday, it is possible to withdraw the pin, reinstall the sight and repin it if you didn't mangle it too badly.

Withdrawing the pin for reuse? I personally keep a dental pick in my bag but a traditional nutpick sharpened on the grinder works fine. Tweezers to hold it while you restake it with a punch. Hint: leave the pin in the sight base until you're ready to use it. :)

3. SCHunter

SCHunter

Thanks for the help. Most likely I will not be reinstalling the Glock sights, since these fiber optic saver sights from Dawson look pretty nice.