Glock factory 3.5LBS connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by og556, Jul 14, 2007.

1. og556

og556

Hey guys I have a little problem. I have a relatively new G19 that I'm not liking so much for two reasons:

1. Trigger break

2. Grip

Now the trigger I have told can be fixed with something called a 3.5 LBS connector. This will make it so I don't need to pull as hard to fire right ?

Where can I order the STOCK GLOCK 3.5 Lbs connector ? Thanks everyone.

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

do a google search for "glock parts"

3. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

It will make the trigger lighter, but it won't make for a better break.

4. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

I think it does.

It kind of takes the sudden stop out, right before the break, making the break smoother.

5. og556

og556

Guys I was being an idiot for saying only Glock factory. I assume the LWD is just as good if not better ? I just really dont like how hard it is to make the trigger break it throws off my shots sometimes (my fault) but when I fired an M&P the trigger break was so soft it didn't have any negative effect on my shot.

6. kengps

kengps

The 3.5# connector has a different angle on the face of it. It takes extra travel to release the striker, but that makes the release less abrubt also. The increased travel is not really noticible unless you are looking for it during slow trigger pulls. I'm have no experience with anything other than the Ghost connector, but when I have played with a stock G34 I hated it. Seemed to me to be too light. It was difficult to feel the trigger release point.

7. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

A good trigger is one that has a break like a glass rod and goes off like a surprise more or less. Not a light, long soft spongy one. That said good luck getting that with a glock. In my experience though the stock 5lb. trigger with some polish and work gets me the closest. YMMV

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

lubing the connector and

safely dri-firing until your finger learns about a Glock trigger

You did not say what the problem with the grip was.

9. roymail

roymail

og556, Another thing you can try is to shoot from the trigger reset position. After firing the first shot, don't let the trigger go back, but slowly release it until you hear/feel a "click" then stop. At that point the trigger has reset and you can fire again. This time the trigger pull should feel better and the stroke is very short.

Regarding the use of a 3.5# connector, I use a Scherer which is much like the Glock (-) connector. This is a personal preference thing. I like it and shoot well with it. I've also done a stone & polish job which helped a lot. I agree with GSD17, it smooths out the trigger pull and mine breaks pretty clean. You'll either like it or you won't. All safeties remain functional so it's safe. The actual trigger pull is approx 4 lbs.

Hope that helps some.