close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock factory +2 (+1 on G27) extension

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scosgt, Jun 11, 2012.

1. scosgt

scosgt

Has anyone used the Glock factory +2 (+1) extension on the G27? Did you change the mag spring? Any functional issues at all?

I am asking about the factory part only because it Glock puts their name on it, then it "should" work. But that is what I want to find out.

(Note: It also may be illegal to possess in my State, since it can also be used to make the G26 10 round mag into an illegal ASSAULT WEAPON. This State sucks).

2. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

I haven't used the Glock +2 on a 27, but it pinches the f#*k out of my pinky finger on my G4 26.

3. Bello

Bello America/Italia

I have it on 3 mags I can only get one extra in...... As stated above I hate them! They pinch the **** out of my pinky

4. RLZIII

RLZIII

I bought a GLOCK + magazine base plate and magazine insert for my GLOCK 27 Gen4 and did experience problems. The gun and magazine that I tried it with were both stock and ran flawlessly without the + extension. However, after a range visit with 150 rounds, I experiences two failure to feed problems. I plan to do more testing once I get the time.

Both FTF problems were while shooting strong hand only. Could this have been related to the problem? Perhaps. However, I've never had a problem shooting the gun right-handed before.

Unlike the posters above, the extension didn't pinch my finger.

On a side note: the GLOCK + extension adds TWO rounds to a GLOCK 27 magazine, not one. So I'm not sure if it'd be legal in your state at all, as that would bring the magazine count up to 11 rounds.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  5. scosgt

scosgt

Looks like I'll stay a 9 rounder!
    Thanks for the replies.

6. A Regular Joe

A Regular Joe

I have two and they both work without any problems on my 27. If you'll load that extra round and leave it for a week or so, you can get the second one in. It's tight but leave it in a while and it will loosen up. I stll only carry with the 9 round mag, though.

7. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Works great on my Gen 3 26.

8. roadkill46

roadkill46

don't have the Glock name, but the Pierce work fine on my 27. don't like to have my pinky flapping around on anything bigger than a 9mm. subcompact 9's are fine w/o the pinky extension. i still only carry 10 + 1, since i just wanted it for the finger extension. not that i couldn't load it to max, just a PITA.

9. JBS

JBS

I have maybe 8 or 10 GLOCK + magazine base plates and inserts. 2 for my 27 Gen4. No problems at all. No pinched finger.

GLOCK + extension adds 2 rounds to a GLOCK 27 magazine, but it is very, very hard to seat in a slide forward 27. If you seat with slide back and charge the pistol with full mag no problem. Then shoot dry and reload with next plus + mag. I have found the same thing with my 22 G4 and 17 rnd mags ( 15 with +2 ext). I think Glock rates their mag extensions out of the pistol.

10. BMyers

BMyers

I have two Glock +2 and one preace for my G26 gen 4. I haven't shot the preace yet, but I put about 160 rounds through the Glock +2 without any issues.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. PattonT

PattonT

I never had a issue with a Glock factory extension nor a Pierce ext. I think one time I got that 11th 40sw round in there. I have experienced one or two pinched fingers with all the extensions. I'll say of all of them the Pierce +0 is the one I had the most confidence in and it's about as stout as a factory flat base.

12. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Used one for the first (and last time) on my G-26 and had the exact same issue.

13. tango44

tango44

Glock 7151+ gives me +2 in both G26/27, no need to change spring.
    G26/27 mags comes with 9 coil springs that are the same springs for the G19/23 mags.