close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Extractor Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Catbird, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Although I've had great success in shooting 9mm ammunition from my various .40 Auto Glocks (at the range) with simply installing a conversion barrel and using an appropriate magazine (of course).

For greater reliability, I've heard that one needs to also install a 9mm extractor (for CCW).

Now to my question --
    Will a .40 Auto Glock with said 9mm extractor and .40 barrel and magazine installed feed and extract .40 Auto ammo reliably or will I have to re-install the .40 extractor?

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

You'll want a 9mm ejector to go along with that 9mm extractor.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

John,

It's important to match both the extractor AND spring loaded bearing to the cartridge being used.

4. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Catbird,

Black fits 9mm

Green fits 10mm/45

White fits 40/357

5. NightWolfe

NightWolfe Grumpy Glocker

I can't tell a single bit of difference between the White and Black Spring Loaded Bearings .. they identical to me (except for the color of course) ..

would the extractor fail to function properly if the correct spring loaded bearing wasn't used ?

6. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

NightWolfe,

I just compared the white and black that i have,there is no differance in the two that i have.

As a matter of facto,a friend of mine that dropped a 9mm KKM conversion barrel in his 23 did not change the bearing,we only changed the ejector and the extractor,and we had to releive a small amount of metal from the extractor were it rests against the inside of the slot on the slide,it needed to be brought in closer to the rim.