close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Exocit Weapons System Book

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Seddo, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Seddo

Seddo

is it legal to make the stuff in this book in USA?? I have just ordered in Australia for reference only (of course). is it a good book to have??

2. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

In the US you can make your Glock into a rifle with a fixed stock and 16" barrel no threads on barrel though.

You can register as a Short rifle and use fixed stock and barrel may be short but still no threads.

Unless you are a title 2 manufacturer you can not convert to full automatic unless it is for a Police Dept.

3. Captain_Willard

Captain_Willard

If one cared to register it as an AOW for $5, he could put a foregrip on it, like in the book.

4. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

It's legal to make your Glock a rifle UNLESS you live in California like I do. Any pistol grip rifle or rifles less than 30" are illegal. Man I need to get out of this state.

5. Seddo

Seddo

atleast you live in a country where semi auto rifles are legal.....

6. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

Always someone trying to out do me. Sorry to hear that. I remember when the ban went into effect and the Government bought back the guns. I thought that was just for NSW or was it for all of Austraila?

7. Seddo

Seddo

unfortunatly it was all of australia. the only exceptions were a few farmers and law enforcement.

we can't even get those carbine conversions for the 1911/glocks, so they say. does anyone if you can buy the carbine conversion without the shoulder stock, then it would be classed as a pistol. i suppose you could use it for sihlouette shooting. ??

8. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

I think the carbine comes integrated with the stock, but I've seen companies make barrel lengths of all sizes. From 5" to 20" these of course were designed to be used with a pistol stock. I guess you could wear a glove and hang on to the barrel or something. I'll see if I can find one of those companies.

9. Seddo

Seddo

thanks,,,was actually talking to a smith on fridan night and we were talking about getting one of these into the country. he was also of the belief if you can get one sent in without the shoulder stock it would only be treated like any other slide and barrel combo, and then get the shoulder stock posted a few weeks later.

the longest barrel i can purchase in australia is 6"

10. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

11. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

Here is a quote from trijicon.
    "Is tritium harmful?
    According to documentation by health physicists in statements on file at the US NRC, it would take the simultaneous rupture of 10,000 of these small glass capsules in a small room 10 foot by 10 foot to potentially constitute a radiation health hazard. For this reason, customers need not be concerned about the potential risk of the night sight system. Furthermore, our front sight is 0.018 curies and the two rear sight dots are 0.018 curies each. A complete weapon system is 0.054 curies. This is less than many tritium watches, which have up to 0.200 curies or roughly four times as much radioactivity. In addition, the weapon is not as close to the body, and in less constant use than a watch."

Glock only ordered 9000 units and I doubt they were ordered in one shipment. Where is the danger?

12. tacticalchicken

tacticalchicken

13. IMPULSE AUSTRIA

IMPULSE AUSTRIA

HI :)
    Thanks for that compliment. Ammo will cycle reliably. We have done extensive tests, and so did quite many of our costumers.

However, the length for you should not be 16" (if stock is not used). We have also done velocity and efficency tests. Our test results were confirmed in the meantime by a large bimonthly magazine. The curve shows - with quite all ammo - that maximum benefit is reached with 10", after that curve is increasing is much less. Accuracy of all shooting groups is much beyond a factory barrel.

The barrels are not that heavy, but if you want to outbalance the additional weight of barrel, then consider a leadinsert in the grip. Then it will "sit" in your hand.