close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Erratic Ejection Observation

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ViennaGambit, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Soooooo many erratcic ejection threads and complaints with not just the new Gen 4s, but also some Gen 3s...

You get casings to the face, forehead, top of the head, left, right & forward - my new Gen 4 G19 FDE included.

With all that said, I don't think I've heard anyone complain that the gun is failing to fire, failing to eject or suffering from sub-par accuracy... Doesn't that mean that these Glocks are still living up to the tough as nails and ultra reliable reputation that they've always enjoyed?

Sure its a pain in the ass to get nailed in the face a few times, but I would still bet my life on my 19 and do carry it with 100% confidence.

These erratic ejecting Glocks are still firing without stoppages and doing what they were designed to do - shoot accurately and reliably.

Not really sure of my point, but I think people need to suck it up a little and quit their whining - call Glock or sell it off.

M&Ps had rusting issues, Beretta 92s had frame cracking issues, dont think ANYONE keeps a 1911 stock without changing a few pieces or magazine. Even the infamous backup gun of all time - the SW 642 - had issued with the frame finish peeling.

In conclusion: handguns have always had issues, Glocks aren't magical, but they seem to be just as reliable as ever.

2. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I think the G4 17 is the best handgun in the world. And I believe ejection gets better after break in or tuning of the extractor as explained in the sticky on top of this forum.

But having said that, I don't expect anybody to be happy with brass to the face. With so many guns to choose from, a company can't expect the mass of customers to put up with that.

But I don't have any good statistics on the percent of the guns that exhibit that behavior. It might actually be quite low.

My whole point is I wouldn't blame the customer.

3. gsmullins

gsmullins

I don't pay much attention to where empties are landing as long as rounds keep going down-range. :cool:

mully

4. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

out of two hundred rounds, my usual range-trip count......one, maybe two casings will fly back and hit me on the top of the head.....

no malfunctions though, just keep shooting

5. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Went to the range today. I put 100 230g WWB + 20 230g Gold Dots through the g30sf with no issues. Haven't had any brass to the head yet with it, or any of the other g30 horror story FTE/FTF/FT........

Now, my son was shooting my gen2 g21 with 230g WWB, and i watched from behind as he took one case in the forehead, out of 100 rounds. Go figure?

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

There is simply no excuse for poor/weak ejection. NONE. And brass to the face is a safety issue, period.

7. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

They were designed to eject into people's faces? – possibly into peoples' eyes? Glock must be ahead of the curve with shooter demands. I guess modern shooters want hot brass to the face, possibly the eye, while every other gun maker still thinks shooters want their brass out to the right on the ground...

Also, erratic ejection is only part of the problem. People are also reporting stove pipes, etc...

And yes, people ARE either sending in their Glock with marginal results or selling them off.

But to say people shouldn't report or talk about Glock problems on a Glock forum is ridiculous. How about you "suck it up" and stop reading those threads if they bother you so much?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  8. Bimmer1

Bimmer1

Yep..... If you ever needed your Glock in a true self defense situation or your wife or family needed to shoot it most likely you wouldn't think about grabbing "eye protection". Who wants a gun that just might give your permanent loss of vision due to improper ejection? Reliability is a definite must ..... But so is safety for the shooter!

9. AlexTheSquid

AlexTheSquid

Amen to that. I was in the "suck it up" mentality with mine, until it started bouncing brass off my head hard enough to draw blood. Then I got to the "maybe I should look into this" mentality. Then today I had 2 rounds bounce back into my eyewear hard enough to make me think it would have cracked my sunglasses if I wore them instead. Now I am at the point of shooter safety becoming involved. Just like the Beretta M9s with their locking blocks - sure it might happen "sometimes" but I'd rather not take a slide to the forehead.

10. Tirpitz

Tirpitz

Best thing said about this whole issue.

11. Radian

Radian

Are you guys for real.. You know this "weak ejection" event is all about the ammo you run. The guns are made to run ammo that is designed to kill men. Gold dot in +p or Ranger +p+ will eject just fine. If you run federal range trash in your carry gun you deserve to be blind.

Seriously I want that gun so if you have broken G4 19s PM me, I will pay $350 cash (100 below gssf for my pain in the butt).

Go take a class with a real instructor and see where brass ejection stands in the real world.

This internet thing is pretty sad sometimes.

12. Radian

Radian

You guys should file a class action suit. I bet the busted eye protection and 4th degree burns here would keep Johnny Cochran in coke for a few months, to bad John Edwards is on lockdown he'd chase that ambulance (or boo boo in this case) right to the bank... I bet you could win one miiilllonn dollars.

Really brass hitting you is the same as the wheel of death on the M9, and parts of a gun hitting the shooter, wow..

Sometimes this place is just to depressing for words.

13. 2005 Vette

2005 Vette

Better quality ammo and proper shooting grip should give you flawless performance from your Gen 4 Glock.

14. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Well here's a question. I shot 400 rounds of various ammo and 150 rounds of NATO 124 gr with ZERO issues in my new G17 Gen4. Took it out today shooing the same batch of NATO ammo and got absolutely pelted in the face, head, ears, eyes, wrist on nearly every round. I ran another 125 rounds today. So what changed to cause this? My grip? No. My ammo? No. Gun was cleaned/lubed identically as the first trip. This G17 has all the new updated parts. My last three Glocks have all had the same issue. My first two Gen 2s have none. Blame Internet myth if you choose (or blame me) but there is no myth in the fact that something is really wrong. I was shooting real live NATO ammo. So what gives? I've really tried to not believe the hysteria, but after three tries with late model Glocks I'm done. Myth proven in my opinion.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Aux Bear

Aux Bear

Interesting. The Glock is a machine. It ran flawlessly then was cleaned and reshot twice with severely different results. What do you think the variables are that changed between trips 1 and then 2&3? Not picking a fight here, just trying to understand when the ammo didn't change but the weapon was serviced between the events, it makes one wonder whan may have been introduced to alter the machines performance.

16. Radian

Radian

PM me will give you 350 cash (ffl transfer paid by me bonded transaction fee by you ) that covers the GSSF price minus 100 for a used gun..

I am 100% really happy to buy this broken gun and run the piss out of it at IDPA matches until time ends. I will be quite pleased to run 1000 rounds of lawman through it and see if it "improves" if not hell, ill run 1000 more and just ignore the brass.

Oddly my gen2 17 bounces brass back on occasion, just never really bothered to care that much about it.

Before I took a bath on it I would run some lawman and go find an instructor to run it.

BTW if you are really running nato spec ammo or +p+ ammo and it jams its broken, send it back.

So both the NATO ammo and VARIOUS behave exactly the same?

17. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Yes. Look, I'm not here to start sh*t with anyone. I ran 400 plus rounds on my initial range visit. Mostly NATO 124gr and seven other 124gr brand ammo. No issues. Some weak ejection but nothing that bad. Cleaned the gun like I did on my initial range visit and ran it today (Sunday). This time I shot almost all NATO 124gr and a few mags of S&B 124gr. Nothing but trouble. No feed issues, just casings raining down on me and at me. Just the facts. I'm not whining or making it up. I didn't use crap 115gr ammo. My grip did not change from last week. I didn't use any different oil/lube. Temp and humidity were the same. In fact I was using the exact same pistol berm as before. The gun is just off. So was my last two 2011 and newer Glocks. Not trying to stir the pot just recapping my range visit.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. 4-Fun

4-Fun

That pain in the butt you feel is Glock screwing you. You might like it, others don't. Just a matter of preferance I suppose.

19. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

I just have to call BS on this unless you grip a pistol like a Left Bank French writer handles a croissant.

I queried a friend recently, who manages a huge public range, about this matter. He only rolled his eyes and told me that EVERY single Gen4 problem he has seen was operator error. He said that it is always the same old BS. Shooter says gun is a lemon and wants him to fix it. He shoots it in front of them with NO problems. Shooter gets mad & leaves.

Glocks aren't for everyone. if you don't like the way it shoots then sell it and buy another type gun.