Glock Email Announcement

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DeputyDawg48, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RustyRyan

RustyRyan

This is a pretty big step (or call it side step) for Glock.

Glock is known for extreme reliability and a .22 is a very sensitive and dirty round that can be problematic with hangups, etc. Hence, I can see why Glock never did this before, but for them to actually do it is pretty cool... sure the hype might not be “Legendary” but it is certainly a bigger step than normal for Glock. I give them kudos assuming this gun has been tested thoroughly and runs well.

Quade and battousai like this.
  2. Davers

Davers

Well no 'Bone&' today but a "PROVEN RELIABLE " & priced right Glock in 22 lr would be a fun gun . IMHO

Buckshot Barry likes this.

3. SmithModelOne

SmithModelOne

The hate is strong in this one. Thankfully, it'll still be a few years before he's old enough to go to a gun store and legally buy a gun of his own.

Quade likes this.
  4. SmithModelOne

SmithModelOne

Exactly. We take for granted that a .22 semiauto is an "easy" gun to make because there are many excellent guns on the market right now ... but I suspect that's not the case. And I've shot enough crappy .22's over the years to appreciate when it's well done.

I won't be in line on 1/20/2020 to get a 44, but I suspect I'll pick one up at some point. I'm looking forward to it.

Mike

RustyRyan and Quade like this.
  5. battousai

battousai

This is what I am thinking. Like it or not, all guns on the market are compared to a Glock 19. Period, end of story. It will remain that way for a long time because all guns are essentially a Glock 19.

This is a step in the right direction for them. One step closer to that so called PCC. They are testing the waters and seeing who is interested.

I cannot say I will get one. I think the hype if you are a Glock person is going to be there. People either new to this or have a short term memory forget all the rage about Glock 22 lr conversions. They went the way of the dodo with the 22lr shortage. Now that it's over, the market will gradually return as 22lr is always going to be cheaper.

RustyRyan and Davers like this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Why a G19 sized one though? Why not the G48?

Do you really need a rail on a .22?

BigBluefish likes this.
  7. Biggy1

Biggy1

Only 10 rd mag capacity, a Glock trigger and a Glock price point. Three strikes, maybe, but one for sure.

8. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Severely underwhelmed.

I don't mind that it's a .22, they needed one forever but 10+1 in a G19 grip is a big letdown. If it would have been in a G48 it would make "Start Your Journey" much more sense.

boilergonzo and Joshhtn like this.
  9. Noponer

Noponer

That's what I thought - why not a 48 size? I guess it is a better training pistol for those who will transition to G19's, etc.

As for the rail... looks like they are just using a G19 frame with a different slide & magazine - similar to a Ciener .22 conversion kit. I feel certain the Glock package will be superior, though.

I never was intrigued by a .22 conversion for my Glocks. However, I am not sure how I feel about this package... yet.

10. njl

njl Crusty Member

Looks like I wasn’t far off with the G25/28 comment. This is a niche Glock ignored for decades, one that was filled by others making .22lr conversions (for decades). I think anyone who really wanted a .22 Glock already has one of the aftermarket conversions. I do. So why would I buy the G44?

A 9mm PCC would have been nearly irresistible to me. The G44? Meh.

The only question I have about it is will they allow it in GSSF (and if so, in it’s own division)?

11. GWG19

GWG19

Well maybe Glock is looking at the 22 competitions also. These gun games very popular. They do not need more than 10 rounds. Folks that shoot that style of competition might enjoy shooting a 19 sized gun. Will it run with an open gun? No.
    Can it be tricked out? Who knows.
    Sig and others have been building bigger 22's for easy training for years with 10 round capacity.

Davers likes this.
  12. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.