Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fan of Glocks for everyday carry. I have Sigs, 1911's , CZ's, S&W's, Beretta's etc. but I always seem to go back to Glock for carry guns primarily because they are relatively inexpensive, durable, light and reliable. With that said, I've found myself with three EDC choices from within my stable and I'm curious as to what the hive would choose given my predicament. All three pistols are essentially the same size and carry the same and for the most part will even fit the same holsters. All loaded with Federal HST.

They are:

Gen. 3 G19 (15+1 rds of 9mm)

Gen.4 G23 (13+1 rds of .40 S&W)

Gen.3 G30S (10+1 rds of 45ACP)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I actually carry my 30s everyday I also have a 23 also!! Both great guns to carry everyday!! It's up to u if u wanna carry more ammo in the mag...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like you said they are all about the same size so it just comes down to which caliber you're currently in live with. I choose the 23.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Whichever you shoot best.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
I'm a fan of Glocks for everyday carry. I have Sigs, 1911's , CZ's, S&W's, Beretta's etc. but I always seem to go back to Glock for carry guns primarily because they are relatively inexpensive, durable, light and reliable. With that said, I've found myself with three EDC choices from within my stable and I'm curious as to what the hive would choose given my predicament. All three pistols are essentially the same size and carry the same and for the most part will even fit the same holsters. All loaded with Federal HST.

They are:

Gen. 3 G19 (15+1 rds of 9mm)

Gen.4 G23 (13+1 rds of .40 S&W)

Gen.3 G30S (10+1 rds of 45ACP)
I own all 3 and my choice, as of right now and lately, has been the G30S. :cool:

·
Ruggedly handsome
24,042 Posts
I carry a g29 gen4 so I would pick the 30s I'm not worried about less capacity I carry spare mags anyway.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Whichever you shoot best.
This is absolutely the most important criteria when choosing a gun for self-defense.
Forget all these guys who say that your gun must begin with a "4". The 9mm +P or +P+ are every bit as effective ballistically as the .40 or even the .45. Plus they have the advantage of larger capacity magazines.

·
Banned
15,725 Posts
I carry a g29 gen4 so I would pick the 30s I'm not worried about less capacity I carry spare mags anyway.
carried a 30 Block for years.... go one when they first came out with the 9 rd mags. Great accurate gun... have shot IPSC and IDPA with it... changing mags in a hurry is a pinch in the hand. I now carry a G29 and sometimes a G20.

Carry what you shoot well and have confidence in and in your ability to use it..... practice.... IDPA is fun and great practice.

Doc44

·
Banned
287 Posts
This is absolutely the most important criteria when choosing a gun for self-defense.
Forget all these guys who say that your gun must begin with a "4". The 9mm +P or +P+ are every bit as effective ballistically as the .40 or even the .45. Plus they have the advantage of larger capacity magazines.
I really appreciate your opinion :cool:...but I'm not a big fan of long term use of any high pressure 9mm, especially anything in the +P+ range...that's why I like anything that starts with a "4"...I rather shoot a heavier 180gr. bullet over a 124grer, just my lousy cranky opinion... :supergrin:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I really appreciate your opinion :cool:...but I'm not a big fan of long term use of any high pressure 9mm, especially anything in the +P+ range...that's why I like anything that starts with a "4"...I rather shoot a heavier 180gr. bullet over a 124grer, just my lousy cranky opinion... :supergrin:
Your premise is flawed...I'm not ever going to be shooting +P long term. It is only for carry. The vast majority of my shooting will be at the range, where I use target ammo. I only run some of the +P through every few months, just enough to remember what it feels like.

Besides, the Glock can easily handle +P...every day, if necessary. I might not try that with +P+, however.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Pearce 10/45 +2 extension
10 rd. Glock 30 mag spring
Glock 29 mag tube and follower

Now you have a 12+1 easily packable 10mm. My mag set up like that has never failed. I put a piece of grip tape on the front of the extension. It adds 1/2" of length to the back and 1" to the front. Very little more than a +0 Pearce G29 extension.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts